All you women out there I need some Help & Advise.... Nate & I are going to Hawaii in May for our 8th Anniversary & to celebrate the BIG 30 for the both of us! For those of you that don't know we got married on May 30th ... My birthday is May 31st... Nate's birthday is June 1st!!! How crazy is that! Yep we are not even 24 hours apart!! I guess I pushed him right out of the way!! :)O.K. this is where your part comes in.. ..
I am such a planner that is why I'm asking for advise a little early. I don't want to forget something so, what do I even need to bring?? I know that sounds so silly but, I have never been to such an amazing place in my life! The closest place that I have ever been where there is a beach is California & Florida.
1. Do I get a self tanner about now & put it on every day til we leave so I don't burn!!![I will remember my sunblock too] :)
2. How many swim suits do you bring??? {ummm forget that question I will be in a wrap the whole time unless I can loose 15 lbs from now til then}
3. What is a must see??
4. What are the do's & don'ts??
So, you can see that I'm totally clueless & would Love all the advise I can get!!!
Oh, we are staying at the Hale Koa Hotel on the beach of Waikiki. So, if any one is familiar with that beach and the fun things that surround it, I would greatly appreciate it!!! :)
13 comments:
I'll have to ask Ryan what to do there, he is the one that has been three times!! I think pearl harbor is a must and the polynesian cultural center is another. Just what I heard.
I have never been either- but it sounds like such a great thing for you guys to do together! When I went to Costa Rica I got a spray-on tan. Easy and about $15. I went twice before my trip. IT lasts about a week and looks pretty good. But you still need to wear sunscreen. Hope you have fun!
Lucky Girl! I can't wait to hear how much fun it all was. I'm one of those travelers that likes to know before hand all the fun stuff to do and then just play it be ear when we get there. I would go buy a travelers book on Waikiki. Internet is great but having a hands on that you can use even when your there really helps. A self tanner would help with "looking" like you have a tan before you bare the bathing suit, but it's not like an actual base tan that is going to protect you from getting sunburned so for sure wear sunblock. AND if you snorkel... don't forget to wear a shirt and/or tons of sunblock on your back and neck and ears!!! My last advice is to have something comfortable and light you can just throw on over your bathing suit. I bet you pretty much will be in the suit all day so to have something like a sun dress to throw on for lunch or driving or shopping would be easy. Have fun!
Lucky, Lucky Heather
Happy Birthdays and Anniversary! You will have a blast! The outer islands would have given you a better feel of old Hawaii; however, Oahu will give you a taste of Hawaii! Rent a car, tour the Island, go to a luau at Paradise Cove, Polynesian Village, Pearl Harbor, North shore to see the waves, lay on the beach, swim, Hanalai Bay for snorkling, etc., etc. Just have fun whatever you do.
Clothes -- anything goes! Shorts, tees, sandals, Hawaiian shirts, everything super loose! Of course, don't forget your bathing suits and coverups!
Wish we were little mouses in your pockets!
Love and hugs
B
Sounds like a very fun trip...thanks for saying hi on our blog. It is fun to read about your adventures. By the way, where did you get your cute background for your blog?
Keep in touch!
You have to be kidding me. I LOVE your little package. Heath, you are seriously TOO MUCH! As you know, I've never been to Hawaii either. I'm sure you'll get everything under control and have a magnificent and perfect time ALONE with Natester : )
Hey crazy--
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I actually DID think of you on Saturday, but I have the worst luck whenever I call for you to join us. Just when I'm a single mom, you have your hubby all to yourself. So I didn't bother. Sorry, hope you weren't bored to tears with Nate on call too or something.
Hawaii, yeah, just have fun. It is gorgeous and relaxing.
Pray it doesn't FLOOD, LOL, well I really enjoyed seeing the sea turtles, And I think I really would have enjoyed hiking, but due to the flood, it was too muddy to hike when we were there. You guys should really plan to go see the Temple, its beautiful.
Oh and, take advantage of Nate's military ID, and eat at the Military Cafe, I forget which hotel its in, but its right by Wikiki beach.
Oh and, take advantage of Nate's military ID, and eat at the Military Cafe, I forget which hotel its in, but its right by Wikiki beach.
Bonus Posted twice.
I am so excited for you guys, you will have a blast. For sure do a luau, go snorkeling, see the temple, go to north shore and go boogie boarding (soooooooo fun!, the waves are ginormous), PCC is fun, downtown Oahu is fun where they have the shops at night, get a pearl out of a clam (they sell them everywhere and you can pick the clam the pearl comes from and make it into a necklace, ring, whatever you want--I wish I would have done that.), for sure make time for the beach just to chill. Bring comfy shoes, comfy clothes, sunscreen and sun glasses for sure.
Heather,
It will be your 8th anniversary on May 30th, and our 8th on May 31st! Crazy stuff. I wish I could say we were headed off to Hawaii..how fun is that. I will have to hint around for that one. Great to hear from you!
Macy
Post a Comment