Sunday, April 27, 2008

Princess

You are probably wondering what the heck this is????

I was thinking the same thing when Marlee gave it to me friday when I picked her up from preschool. {i know i have been blogging a lot about what Marlee has been doing lately but, seriously the kid kills me.}
I picked Marlee up from preschool on Friday & she handed me this plastic cup with a WORM
in it. I said, a "real one" yep mom I found it & I named it PRINCESS! I screamed cause Marlee knows I hate them. I don't know why but, I do! She started laughing & said, Mom I get to take care of it at home & my teacher gave me rules & instructions how I can have a pet worm at home! {WHAT}......

~feed your worm once or twice a week. They like vegetable peels, crushed eggs, & leaves. They don't like meat, or dairy foods that will make them sick!!!

~Make sure they get lots of water. Worms don't like if the soil is too dry or way too wet! Just sprinkle a little on top.

~Worms prefer an average room temerature (about 72 deg or 22 deg C) Just like you..

~After 1 or 2 weeks you should release your worm into the garden cause they really do prefer to be outside where they can help plants grow & have more space to move!

I mean really... I was laughing all the way home because I thought to my self what am I going to do with a worm in my house??? Wonder if she lets it loose I would have a heart attack?? wonder if she put it on Garrett & he squished it?? wonder if she played a trick on me & put it in my covers in bed???? what if... what if.... what if.....

Then I had a brilliant idea.. Nate was taking Cayden fishing on Saturday {the first big day of the season} I told Nate, hey I have this cute little girl named "princess" that would love to go with you.. Marlee overheard me & started crying. Mom, NO you can't let dad take "princess" I love her too much I don't want the fishies to eat her.. She would be so sad!!!

So, yep I still have "princess" & I'm trying to convince her that her family misses her. She is headed to the backyard tomorrow. Unless someone else wants a pet worm let me know?? :) It just cracks me up that her teacher wrote down instructions how to take care of a worm that my daughter found!!

P.S. "princess" was sad that she didn't get to go fishing!!! [wink, wink] :)

7 comments:

lollyehp said...

Jake is also doing stuff like this. We went to the beach Saturday with two ladybugs (not in a cup). Ladybugs were ok as long as he left his pet rolly-polly bugs at home (he normally keeps them in his pocket).. I feel you with the worm.

RR said...

that sounds like my kind of family pet. I think crybaby will get that one..NO DOG OR CAT!!

Camilla Millar said...

Ew, I didn't know there were pet worms. Just imagine the teacher buying 20 worms at the tackle shop or wherever it is you buy them. For some reason, this just strikes me as funny!

melanie33 said...

oh heather, I can just see you curling up on the couch stroking little princess in your lap. I can see the family picture now! good thing worms don't have a long life span! Ha!

Heather said...

Mel all I can say is you make me laugh.. In such a good way! :)

melanie33 said...

3 days until hawaii!! are you dying of excitement?

Anonymous said...

Thats funny, Ella adores worms too. Hopefully they can hunt worms together while you are in Hawaii.