Monday, April 14, 2008

weekend get away

Just Garrett & Me

Oh how I love his cute dimples & big smile
The reason It was just Garrett and me was...
Thanks to my mother-in-law who works for South West got me a buddy pass ticket
that was going to expire so I could come to the "family" shower in Utah for Aubree.
Aubree will be the newest sister-in-law on May 10th. It was so fun to get a way for the
weekend! Thanks to my husband who made it happen so I could sneek away for a couple of days! It was so relaxing! I forgot what it was like to have only 1 child... piece of cake! :)
Aubree & Zach {Nate's brother} got fantastic gifts to start out there new life together!
Umm don't you think like every few years you should have a replenish shower because I could of used some of their new stuff so I can get rid of my old!!
It was fun to be with all of the sister-in-laws!

[From left to right.. Aubree , Me, Amy, Becky. One missing.. Jenny. We missed you]

LOvE at first sight....

Abby & Garrett have never met each other. Becky who is Nate's sister moved to Texas

she has 4 kids..

Abby is the youngest. So since she lives in Texas & we live in Washington... you get the picture we never see them. We miss our cousins!! Abby kept telling us that Garrett was her baby all day long. She loved to hold him, kiss him, squeeze him, & touch him... She was so cute!

OOOOOOOOOOOOh

{how cute is that}

He is looking at me & probably thinking mom I'm so sick of

parties & driving!!!

{he loves his binkie & ONLY that kind}

I had a wonderful weekend with my mom & spending time with Nate's family! It was just a treat to have some one on one time with Garrett & SLEEP in on sunday morning!! Thanks mom..

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm glad you had a nice visit. You sure are a good in-law to come all that way for a bridal shower. Not even my blood relatives get that kind of special treatment.

Your new hair-do is super cute. I guess I would fly home for new hair . . . =)

Heitmann Family said...

Glad you are home and glad you had a good time with family!! I'll call ya today!

melanie33 said...

That sounds awesome!! Some semi alone time. And sleeping in too. I am glad the shower went well. (how cute is amy jo? I see her perpetually as a little girl but she is a beautiful woman now!) I missed seeing you, dang it. But there is always next time!

briana said...

ur baby is adorable. i love his dimples. brooklyn has them too! that one on one time is a great thing, so is extra sleep and a little getaway! maybe one of these trips i will catch you at mel's!

Becky said...

How fun! And I LOVE your hair!!

[BrookeO] said...

I love reading your blog, it always inspires me. I am so glad that you got to have a fun little get a-way. I love your house makeover, it is so cute.

Camilla Millar said...

Cute sisters-in-law!! Glad you also got some one on one baby time.

I love the cousin baby pictures-- so cute. I love seeing babies together, every one is different, but still soooo cute.

Mackenzie said...

Hilarious story about Marlee calling 911. I am glad you had fun in Utah, but I have to say that there was more than 1 sister-in-law missing in that photo!! ;-)