Tuesday, August 26, 2008

1st birthday

Garrett Robert Miller
a year later.....
. Weight: 25 lbs {50-75th percentile}
. Length: 31 inches {90th percentile}
. Head Circumference: 47 cm {90th percentile}

i look at this picture today & i'm in awe that it was a year ago today that i had Garrett. It really seems like it happened 2 weeks ago. This year has flown by so fast.... i can't believe i'm going to put up my Halloween decorations in like 2 weeks... {yes, i know call me cRaZy but, i love the Fall & Halloween.} What a special spirit that he is & i love him more than i can put into words.
It's my party
and I'll cry if I want to
Cry if I want to
Cry if I want to
You would cry to if
it happened to you

it all started today by putting on this adorable hat that my friend Jamie made for him & i can't get over how talented she is..... she makes the most increadible hats & she can knit like know other person. {besides Elise}
Anyways, i thought it would be so cute to get a picture of him with this hat on for his birthday. I wanted a "so called" birthday picture. Well as you can see it didn't work out so well......


{mom please take this off}


{why is it still on}

{o.k. mom give me a livin' break}


This was cake time.......
still crying........
now i think i made him sooooo mad!! :)
i think the only time he was happy today was at the park. My friend Sarah & i took the kids to the park to get some of there energy out & i think i heard him laugh once & he grinned at me atleast 2 times!! :)
Birthdays can be rough for little 1 year olds.. I hope he still had a wonderful birthday cause i sure loved doing everything with him today!
{p.s. he really does have clothes that he wears...}

I am...

a silly boy.

i love to climb stairs.

i'm a little brother.

i love to play.

i love my mommy & daddy.

love to smile... {just not on my birthday}

i love all food.

i love kisses & hugs.

i love my sister & brother.

Garrett Miller 1 years old

15 comments:

Sarah said...

Cute kid, and I love his haircut. He looks so much more blonde!

Lindsay said...

So cute time goes faster and faster with each kid!! Today is my mom and Hilary's birthday too. I had the hardest time when Kate turned one. I just felt like there was no way she was already growing out of the baby stage.

melanie33 said...

i cannot believe a year has gone by either. time flies the older we get i think.
happy 1st little man! Those birthdays are so overwhelming...lol

Heitmann Family said...

Happy Birthday Garrett!!!

Monica said...

Happy Birthday little man...he is SO dang cute!! By the way you look beautiful after you had Garrett...I looked HORRIBLE after my labor and delivery!!

Camilla Millar said...

Such a cutie. My how time flies. . . .(p.s. the hat is ADORABLE, hopefully he'll wear it this winter)

briana said...

A YEAR? oh man! and who looks like that after birthing a baby? oh, you do! i love the pics and the big crocodile tears! i wish you lived here! it sounds like you have plenty of great friends there, but i am feeling alot selfish! anyway, when you comin out again?

Marcie said...

You always do the cutest thing for you kids Birthday post's! What a cute little Boy, even when he's crying. P.S. i LoVe fall too!

Chocolate Frogs said...

He's Darling!! The first year always seems to go by too fast. Your picture of the kids looks great!!

J.ME said...

So grown up! I hope the hat will stay on his head this winter. Charlie plays with his all the time, and is putting it on and taking it off like it's a fun game. Maybe when the weather turns cold they'll realize what the purpose of a hat is. Anyway, Happy Birthday Garrett!

Take care,
Jme

Danielle said...

I am with you on the halloween and fall decorations. I am resisting this year from buying any new ones since I seriously don't need them. I have sooo many! I have been fighting the urge to get them out already and it is AUGUST! I am really tempted to do it anyway since I am having a babe in couple of weeks....I will hopefully post picts of the decorations if I am not such a slacker. happy bday to your little guy.

Mark, Holly and Boys said...

What a cutie!!! I bet he'll think the crying pictures are pretty funny someday :)

Coleman Family said...

Happy Happy Birthday beautiful boy!!!

Anonymous said...

Heather those are the cutest pictures of Garrett ever! He is such an angel. I loved his party pics, thats so funny! Love you~this is so much fun!

Kristin said...

I love the cake pictures, so cute even with tears. Thanks for the support, I really need it right now.