A day I knew was coming, peacefully and mercifully came today...
My Grammy was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last November.

These last 9 months have been by and large blessed for her and for us, her beloved heritage. Though she will be sorely missed in our hearts her kindness and love will forever remind us of the awesome reunion waiting for us.
. . . in loving memory . . .
{her favorite song}
Ave Maria! Ave Maria! maiden mild! Listen to a maiden's prayer! Thou canst hear though from the wild,Thou canst save amid despair. Safe may we sleep beneath thy care, Though banish'd, outcast and reviled -Maiden! hear a maiden's prayer; Mother, hear a suppliant child! Ave Maria! Ave Maria! undefiled! The flinty couch we now must share Shall seem this down of eider piled, If thy protection hover there. The murky cavern's heavy air Shall breathe of balm if thou hast smiled; Then, Maiden! hear a maiden's prayer; Mother, list a suppliant child! Ave Maria! Ave Maria! stainless styled! Foul demons of the earth and air, From this their wonted haunt exiled,Shall flee before thy presence fair. We bow us to our lot of care, Beneath thy guidance reconciled; Hear for a maid a maiden's prayer, And for a father hear a child! Ave Maria!
i love you gram....
.you were a fighter.
20 comments:
i am so sorry for your loss! I know how much she meant you and to your mom!
Bless your heart, Heath. What a nice post. Does this mean another UT trip for you? Let me know if I can do anything to help.
I'm sorry your heart has to hurt so much right now. She looks like a very sweet grandma! I love those young pictures of her. Ava Maria really is a great song.
So sorry Heather. I remember meeting her. She reminded me of your mom in a lot of ways! Those are neat pictures.
Sorry for your loss. . . .
What a beautiful tribute. She was a wonderful lady.
What a neat, neat lady! I feel blessed to have had the chance to get to know her. I love you and Im sorry about your loss. She will be truly missed.
heather, i am thinking about you and your family during this bitter sweet time. you have some amazing pictures and even more amazing memories i am sure. reading that made my heartache for my own grandparents. i only have one grammy left. thanks for sharing. i love you girl.
Heather, so sorry for your loss. She seems like a wonderful lady, and will be surely missed in this life! Thanks for sharing such a sweet and beautiful post.
Heather, I am so sorry to hear of your gramdmas passing. Please let me know if I can do anything. Hang in there. We love you!!
Janilynn
I'm so sorry for your loss. May all your happy memories of her carry you through this time...
Heather, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Even though it's expected sometimes, it's not always easy. I'm glad to see you are remembering all those good memories you have of her. It definitely helps ease the pain. I hope you can feel comforted right now!
I am so sorry about your Grandma. I will keep you in my prayers. Lisa and Family
Been thinking about you. My prayers are with you and your family in this time of need.
E
Heath- so sorry about this. I know prayers help a ton during the blows that life throw at us... your in mine.
Jme
i'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. It sounds like she was a great lady. The pictures of her as a little girl are beautiful.
I'm so sorry, Heather. Losing your grandmother is never easy, no matter how old they are or how long they've been sick. My grandma died a few years ago at 90, and I still miss her a ton. My other grandmother is 90 now and currently in the hospital, but I'm hoping she has another good 10 years in her!
I'm so sorry. She looked like a real honey. I know you have wonderful memories that you can hold onto and look back on. Hope your trip went all right...
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, I love the pictures of you Grandma as a little girl, they are so precious. This is such a nice tribute to her!
Heather I see you:)
Isn't this so much fun!
Is it possible for me to copy your pictures of grandma to my pictures folder? Or, could you email them to me?
Good night!
TAG YOUR IT: List 5 Things That YOU ENJOYED about your day today...(list YOURS on your blog; then tag someone else in THEIR comment page)
Post a Comment