[Yes, i wish that my husband could have taken that much time off from work.. in my dreams though.
Nate had a week worth of leave & met us for the last week of our trip.]
.went for the 4th of July last minute. missed the parade. Ear infection # 1 for garrett. Helped my mom move. ate at maddox, bajo, cafe rio, lots & lots of BBQ's, hires, robintino's, spaghetti factory, red robin & the list goes on. birthday party for Porter. took the kids bowling. lots & lots of snow cones. doctor visits: 1st ear infection went away but, looks like we have another in the other ear, poor garrett. went shopping to my favorite places: secret haven, rod works, tai pan, gardner village. spent time with friends & friends from med school {the buchanan's & my long lost friends the millars}. went to the ER with garrett..[note to self: don't put baby on conter when trying to give him medicine they are so fast] he ended up being o.k. but, had to get a CT scan of his head since he fell off my mom's kitchen counter on to the hard tile floor. i believe in gaurdian angels. by the way in our little visit with the ER, garrett's head was o.k. but, ear infection was not gone & for the 3rd time he had to get a stronger antibiotic... i think he is finally o.k., i hope. Strep throat AGAIN for me & a day later Marlee joined me on the fun. i promise that is it on being sick on this trip. baby shower for my sister in law. birthday party for my mother-in-law. Girls Night Out.. dinner at Applebees.. then went & saw Mama Mia. pioneer day. lots & lots of fireworks. cherry hill. layton surf N swim. helped my mom unpack & decorate. birthday party for Marlee & Garrett. fun. fun .& more fun. laughter, tears, & created wonderful memories that i won't forget!!! [i'm sure there are things that i'm missing].
[it doesn't get much better cause i'm showing you ALL the pictures i took while i was there]. Next time i think i will hire a photographer :)

11:30 p.m. on July 3rd. Salt Lake City Airport. Yeah, we are finally here.
They were so excited to see grandma.. it was a SURPRISE
Marlee trying to catch butterflies...
"Mom, they are way too fast"

Cayden helping my mom in the yard
Have some fun. Join the fun. Garrett is turning one.
Play a game. Dance Hand Jive. Marlee is almost five.
Bring your suit. Make a splash. It's Garrett & Marlee's WATER birthday bash.
{that was the invite}
The theme of the party was sharks & mermaids.
The pinata
The food was so good. we had "Submarine" sandwiches. "Seaweed" {salad}. "Chicken of the Sea"{chicken nuggets from chick-fil-A}. chips, fruit basket from [incredible edible delites]. gummy sharks, fish crackers, gummy fish & blue rasberry for the drink. We had a plastic swimming pool & filled it with ice & also put bottled water, & diet coke in it. I'm so sad cause the "shark" cake turned out so cute... the picture didn't turn out. Just imagine Jaws on the front of the cake! :)
For the "goody" bags that they took home. My mom & I found beach pails for the boys & The Little Mermaid bags for the girls. we filled them with "under the sea" toys.
{gold coins, fish crackers, glow sticks, small treasure chest, water guns, gummy sharks, stickers of sharks & mermaids... etc.
This was so fun & worth it. I found it at the Pottery Barn Kids on sale & the kids had a blast rolling it around & squirting each other with it.
Garrett just chillin at his party
Splash...
I'm having so much fun mom at my party.
Garrett loving his strawberries
Most of the boys thought they could fit in the little pool :)
opening presents...
Look what i got MOM.. i love playing dress up.
Garrett didn't know what to think about all his presents.. he just was smiling at everything.
making smores with Grandma.. that was sooooo yummy
Thanks to EVERYONE who made this trip possible & so memorable!!
11 comments:
I wondered if you had fallen off the face of the earth! It's good to hear from you after your month-long hiatus. Your kids are cute, as always!
Glad your back!! We were there the same time just wish I knew that! Sounds like we did a few of the same things. Your probably sad and happy to be home.
Yes, I missed you! That party sounds like lots of fun. How wonderful to do it all with your mom. The pictures showed how happy everyone was!
your back! yeah! even though you were here and i got to see you, i am happy you are back to blogging! i love the picture of you! made me laugh, but for real can you take a bad pic? don't think so! get back to it girl, i have been going through withdrawls! i loved seeing you and getting to know you more! you kept me in stitches at the gateway! for real. luv ya!
I would wager a guess that no one is happier that Heather is back than me! I can't believe she was gone so long. I really missed her and the kids while they were gone, but I am glad that they had such a good time. Too bad they didn't have their doctor their to take care of them (but what does he know anyway, he's just a dumb ob/gyn resident). Well I am stuck on hold at work waiting for some patient to pick up so I can give her results. Oh the life of a resident! I love you sweetheart, I promise I will be home soon.
Nate
HEATHER!! SOO good to have you back! I'm in UT now for about the same amount of time. I'm so sad we missed each other! Fun to hear about your super fun trip and see some cute pics! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new look!! SOOO cute!
Heather, We had a great time with you and the kids. I am glad you got back safe, hopefully you will have good health now your back home. The pics are so cute. Talk to ya soon.
Heather-
So sorry we didn't meet up- I got busy and sounds like you were too. I didn't see anyone outside of my family! I TOO enjoyed cafe rio and Tai Pan. And lucky you- you got to FLY!! I don't think we will be up there for the holidays- I'm not up for traveling with a newborn- but let us know when you might be there again. again- sorry.
The birthday party was the stuff of ledgends... my kids had a blast and are STILL talking about it.
I had a blast on our girls night too. I laughed a lot. I wish we could have had more time... oh well. I'm sure you will be out here before I know it again.
I am just glad you are back in the blogging world! Lets see some daily posts from you, girl. Get busy!
Heather, it sounds like you had a lot of fun while you were here, except the ear infections and the strep. My sister in laws were here and they all got sick too, I think you catch stuff on the plane ride out. I wish we could have got together, let me know when you will be out next, July just got alittle CRAZY! I'm Glad you could spend time with your family and friends.
So fun!! I'm so bummed my camera broke and I didn't get to take pix of your cute kids. I finally got a new one yesturday, and I am trying figure this one out. So next time you are here, I will definetly need to take some pix of the kids.
Post a Comment