Tuesday, September 02, 2008

weekend worth remembering


{Friday}

Nate & I wanted to take the kids somewhere fun this
L a b o r Day weekend. What more could a kid ask for than going to the "Family Fun Center." Little did we know that most of the {fun} was outside.... The weather was so cold, windy, & of course raining. That didn't stop us, we have had to learn here in Washington just to go with the flow & have fun cause if not you would be in doors 90% of the time. :)
can you tell who is having the fun...
[marlee & cayden on the airplanes]

daddy & garrett snuggling up with each other to keep warm
[poor "G" with a very runny nose]

yeah, this is me freezing cold.

Cayden was so brave to jump on the tramp & fly in the air... that only lasted 2 minutes. Then his sister saw his face & that was the end for Marlee as well.

That's funny though cause she cried halfway home saying she wanted so bad to jump on the tramp... oh, the drama of girls sometimes!! :)


they couldn't get enough of the frog hopper... it was an inside ride & i'm pretty sure they loved it because it meant they stayed warm~

Cayden & I trying to figure out the seatbelts on the go carts :) this crazy driver WON'T be getting her licence at the age of 16.... if so i pray for everyone on the roads & i'm not kidding! :)


Cayden thought it was so cool to go on these blaster boats in the water & squirt everyone as he went by...

What a fun night we had just spending time as a family. I look forward to more of these days but, since Nate just started NIGHT FLOAT FOR 3 MONTHS STRAIGHT yes i said 3 months i think it might be a while before we see the "family fun center" again!!


{Saturday}

We thought we would go see some of the beaches here in Washington on Saturday because the weather was "suppose" to be decent & Nate had the day off again. I didn't think we needed to leave first thing in the morning cause my friend said that the beach we wanted to go to was only a hour & 1/2 away. So, we packed our lunch, & got all the things we needed to go to the beach. Oops we forgot our towels though{who does that going to the beach} Anyways, we were driving which seemed like forever & i told Nate ummm we have been driving for 2 & 1/2 hours. I thought we would be there long before now. Before you know it we we in...

Port Angeles

Then i saw the sign to FORKS. I didn't see Edward or Bella {any of you twilight fanatics}but, seriously i thought to myself where the heck are we????? Needless to say it was a BEAUTIFUL beach but, we were at the wrong one. Nate got a little confused on the directions & we were a hour & 1/2 to far where we were suppose to be. :)))) I laughed pretty hard.. what else was i suppose to do.
We had such a great time regaurdless of what beach we were at. We will be here for atleast 2 more years... i hope we can for sure make it to the right one in that time frame! It was sort-of fun driving through Port Angeles while i was finishing up on BREAKING DAWN.. how funny is that!

we are finally at the beach garrett

finally getting to play in the water

{such a serious face}


dad & garrett

first time crawling in the sand, i think he loved it
marlee in the freezing cold water trying to make a sand castle with her popcorn bucket
cayden trying to show garrett how to make a sand castle... or just getting sand all over him
they were determined to make a castle marlee drying off in the sand
look at those cute piggiesyou know you are
a mom when you take your children into the public bathrooms... strip there clothes off praying that know one will come in.... wash there hands, arms, feet, & bottoms off so they won't be full of sand on the way home {cause don't forget that we forgot our towels}.... dry them off under the dryer & put {our} sweatshirts on them so they wouldn't be cold. Thank heavens that only 1 person came in the bathroom & she just looked at me & said, we all go through this don't think it is just you.....
I found out what it really would be like to be homeless & wash your children in the public bathrooms... i'm so greatful for what i have & i WON"T ever forget my towels again when i go to the beach. :)


here is Marlee staying warm :)

What a fun couple of days we had....

14 comments:

Carolyn said...

What great family memories you all have made! You guys are so fun... and I'm glad you aren't really homeless!

Lindsay said...

Looks like a crazy fun-filled weekend!! You are probably still recovering. Kids remember these things forever.

Becky said...

Wow, that's cool that you guys ended up in Port Angeles! And I didn't know Forks was real!

melanie33 said...

I am glad you got some family time!! I am glad there was a sink there for you, cause I know you would have died a painful death rather than bring all that sand into your car!!
I will be in the same boat with you the next 4 months. I will just have to do a lot of blogging to pass the time! lol

Janilynn said...

Heather, it looks like you had so much fun. Hope all is going well. Talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love that picture with their little sandy feet! You got some beautiful pictures!
Love you
~Kari

briana said...

i remember going to the west coast for the first time. i was all excited to hit the beach, it was freezing cold and super windy! but still beautiful and fun! i am glad you got some fam time in! i can only imagine how hard it is!

Mackenzie said...

That looks like a really fun trip. You were a good sport to go on those carnival rides. I hate those! My kids are going to think I am a boring mom because I am going to refuse to ride that stuff - lol. Darling pics! Thanks for sharing.

Chels said...

Port Angeles - Forks what??? That is so awesome!! What a fun filled weekend - your kids are so lucky to have good parents like you!

Tommy, Brittney and Ryder Patane said...

How fun! It looks like you guys had a blast! I love all the pics! And I can't believe you went to Port Angelos and almost Forks! I'm jealous!

[BrookeO] said...

Cutest family.

Mark, Holly and Boys said...

Wow, Marlee sure looks like a firecracker. These pictures really show off her personality! Cute! I think my fav is the one of Garrett crawling on the sand. Sooo adorable.

Natalie said...

lol on the Forks picture! Tip for the beach- a big bottle of BABY POWDER. It absorbs all the water and the sand rubs right off. No sand in the car. And sheets are better for sitting in the sand- they don't hold onto the sand like towels do.

Looks like you had fun! Living close to the beach sounds like so much fun! We may just be up in the northwest next year too!

The Coxes said...

Heather - that's so funny that you saw the sign for Forks...I also got a good laugh about you cleaning your kids off in a public restroom...been there, done that...you just kind of stop caring about what other people think, and do what you've got to do! Miss you! Kendy :)