Hello friends & family i'm back. i'm sorry it has been so long since i have blogged i sort-of forgot how to do this again. my New Year theme for this upcoming year is "take time to realize." As a busy wife & mother, especially when your husband is a 3rd year OB/GYN resident i have forgotten to take time to REALIZE 'finding joy in this journey.' I loved Pesident Monsons talk on "finding joy in the journey." He talks a lot about change.... "Nothing is as constant as change."
Time never stands still; it must steadily march on, and with the marching on, and with the marching come the changes. President Monson goes on by saying, i plead with you not to let those most important things pass you by. Instead, find joy in the journey-NOW. i love the part when he said, rather than dwelling on the past, we should make the most of today, of the here and now, doing all we can to provide pleasant memories for the future. Stresses in our lives come regaurdless of our circumstances. We must deal with them the best we can. But we should not let them get in the way of what is most important-and what is most important almost always involves the people around us. Often we assume that they MUST know how much we love them. But we should never assume; we should let them know. We will never regret the kind words spoken or the affection shown. Adapt to the changes in our lives, that we may REALIZE what is most important, that we may express our graditude always and thus find joy in the journey.
Now with that said, the last couple of months i have stepped back and have found joy in the journey that i'm on. Nate has been on nights for the last 2 months. it ends Dec. 29th. :) The kids & i have been lucky to see Nate for 45 min. each day. He has had Saturdays off and i have cherished every min. So what has the Miller family been up too for the last few months???
Aging
Busing the kids everywhere. birthday parties for friends.
Cayden learned how to ride his bike without training wheels. computer problems for a good month. corn maze in october... so much fun right, Amy {we got so lost it was too funny}
christmas caroling.
Date nights. decorating christmas cookies over at a good friends house. thanks carrie.
Evening wear. Nate had a work christmas party that we went to 2 weeks ago. we got to dress up all fancy.
Fireplace. the kids love to sit in front of the fireplace to keep warm & watch movies. {it only lasts 10 min then they get too hot}
Garrett learned to walk & is everywhere now. Gymnastics for marlee
Halloween. we went to Utah for my moms annual Halloween party. it was so much fun to see everyone all dressed up.
Itunes. we have loved buying new music for our ipods.
Juggling balls in the air. i mean 3 kids. i have the up most respect for single moms cause it really is not that easy.
Kiss the boo-boo's away. marlee & garrett have my clutzy genes in them... don't forget kissing nate before he heads to bed at 9:30 am & then wakes up at 4:30pm & is off to work again. then i can kiss him good-bye :)
Late nights working on christmas projects
Marlee cutting her bangs to the scalp the end of Sept.... they are finally growing out a little bit. you can tell from our family picture they look a whole lot better.
Nate getting accepted TODAY to the MFM {maternal fetal medicine}program at Madigan Army Hospital. i'm so proud of him & his accomplishments. We will be staying in washington for his 3 year fellowship. We ranked staying here #1 and he got it!!! YEAH for Nate. So what this means is that he will finish up his year & 1/2 left in general OB/GYN then he will do a fellowship in MFM which means he will be a high risk baby doctor when it is all said & done! :) Congrats babe!!!
Night float... almost over!! horray :)
Opening christmas gifts early {sorry jolene we peeked early :)} Our family had our own christmas this last weekend it was so fun to be together with nate on saturday and do christmas eve & then we did christmas on sunday morning before nate left for work. Nate is driving the kids & i to Utah this friday for Christmas then he will catch up with us when he finishes night float.
Parent teacher conferences for Cayden & Marlee. They both are doing really well in school & love it so much!
Quiet time.. ahhh i love that time of day.
Reading. Cayden has been reading like crazy & has been doing great!
Snowing, snowman, no school. it is snowing here in Western Washington. i have never seen it snow so much since i have been here the last 2 1/2 years. Scouts for cayden. he loves it so much. we go every tues. night from 7-8pm. he has so many great friends from school that he does it with.
Twilight... need i say more. i loved the movie. i even got nate to go see it with me.
Thanksgiving. first year i cooked the whole meal by myself... Nate was with us for 2 hours before he had to go to work. it turned out yummy. t h a n k f u l.
Ups & downs. i think we all have those days right!??!
Vitamins. 1 a day. my kids never forget to remind me.
Watching movies
X-ray... well sort-of. i am going in on friday morning to get an ultrasound & mammogram of my left breast. i went in for a yearly check-up last week & my doctor found a lump in my breast the size of a grape. i am scared but, feel that it will be o.k. the doctor thinks it might be one of those benign cysts... that is what i'm hoping for. i will keep you posted.
Yummm that is garrett's favorite word.
Zzzzzz
i hope this brings you up to date of what we have been doing. I am greatful for change. i love my family so much. i love my friends. xo
23 comments:
Welcome back, Heather! I've missed you! I loved Twilight, too. I want to see it again so bad. Congrats on Nate's fellowship! How nice that you'll be able to stay where you are. If Jeromy does a fellowship, it will be for one year. It would be AWFUL to have to move somewhere else for a year. I'm sick of moving. I hope everything goes well at the doctor. I had to have ultrasounds within a few months after having both my babies. It turned out to just have something to do with lactation, but I was still worried.
Heather, I've missed you much!!! So many things to comment on:
1) Way to go Nate!
2) Oh, holy cow about the lump--we'll be adding you to our prayers.
3) Night float is horrible--especially 2 months of it (don't you think it is harder on you than them--they are probably getting more sleep than they ever did before--and you have to deal with them being gone so much and their days off are not really like days off cause their schedule is messed up and they want to sleep!!!)
4) Hearing about your christmas was so fun, it makes me excited!
5) what projects have you been up to? I tried to make those darling bows that Marlee had and they didn't look nearly as cute as the ones you did-- whenever you have a spare moment in Utah, I'd love to get a tutorial.
Seriously you and your family can not be any cuter! I love it when I run into you when you are in town. I love that you found my blog! Yea!!! It will be great to keep intouch. Let me know if you will be in town for the holidays. Miss you.
Love Jess
BTW.... I am sorry to hear about the lump you found. All will be well. We will keep you in our prayer. We love you. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help. Tell Nate Congrats! I LOVE MFM and Perinatologists! I worked in the MFM department at the U for 4 years before I had my last baby Mckenna. I loved it. Those Physicians and what they do will always be close to my heart. Way to go! Jess
yeah you are back...good to see what you are up too. don't you love looking forward to a new rotation. i cant wait til paul is off this one. the next couple months will be way better. yipee.
You cute, cute girl--you did it! What a great post.
(And Twilight? Hated it. Sorry to be a downer--it just wasn't my thing. The only redeeming part of the whole saga is that a BYU grad and mother of 3 (Stephenie Meyer) can find so much success. The rest? Blech.)
I sure love you--travel safely and Merry Christmas!
you're back! I know it's not like we don't talk every single day as it is, but still nice to have you back in blogland. impressively long post too btw... almost makes up for the missing 2 months.
love ya!!
Awesome post Heather. I guarantee you are just about over the hardest hump of his training! You deserve as many kudos as he does - congrats!! I'm so glad you've learned to realize joy in the journey. Every phase of life is soooo different!! I've really felt the Lord's power in my life lately, easing my anxiety's over our upcoming changes again - baby & deployment. I know from recent prayers that if we pray for his help, he strengthens us so that the burdens feel light - still there - but feeling the Lord by my side to bear them with me :)
I love you!!! Merry Christmas!
Heather, it is good to see you blogin again. You have almost made it out of the night float yuk. Congrats on the fellowship! We can't wait to see you! Travel safe, call me after you ultrasound.
i can't think of what could be better than to get up today and see that you posted! seriously, i have missed you so much! i am totally loving your family pic! you look skinny skinny! i will be thinking of you tomorrow which won't be different from any other day! ;) can't wait to see you! xoxoxo
Heather, I am so glad you are back and that things are going well. I have missed you sweet comments on my blog. You guys have been VERY busy. I'm starting to realize that life from here on out is just going to be busy. Congrates, Nate that is awesome, and so nice that you will be able to stay in Washington. It's always nice to not have to uproot agian. Marleys bang's are growing out nicely, those are the times when you miss Cherelle. Another mobile one, always makes you miss the Newborn stage. You are such a possitive woman, I have enjoyed reading about your darling family and keeping in touch with you this way. Hope you have a MeRrY ChRiStMaS!
Hey, I've missed you! I love your cute family picture! I hope things are good and know you are in my prayers. Hope we get to see you in UT.
Love you--
Welcome back to blog-land! Good to see you! :) Congrats on Nate's fellowship, that's awesome. (and to both of you for making it through the last 2 months too, arrgh) I hope everything is fine with your lump - I had that scare last year too, but all was fine...hope you hear the same thing! Merry Christmas to you & I'll look forward to more posts once Nate starts a new rotation :)
Heather, welcome back! Holy freaking crap about the lump! You and Becky both have me worried. I hope everything tuns out ok! I love you, your in our prayers. Hope to see you over the holiday!
Welcome back! So glad to see an update...Merry Christmas to you guys. Hope you like the gift we sent! Happy New Year...
Heather - I hope you had a great Christmas and New Years! Tell Nate congrats on getting into the program he wanted - that's so great. That would be fun if we went to Bremerton next, and got to hang out more with you! Also - I hope everything is ok with you, and that the x-rays give you good news. Keep us posted. We miss you guys! Brady and Kendy :)
Hope your Christmas was fantastic & that all went ok with your x-ray?
Heather, it's so good to hear from you again! It sounds like you guys are keeping busy. I loved your Christmas card and new family pix , I wish I would have known you were in Utah for Christmas- we decided to go at the last minute and just got home today. Congrats on the MFM program, that will be so nice not to have to move!
Yay you're back on! I've missed you - hopefully your trip to Utah went really well!!!
K. You have been on my mind. Every time you leave a comment I just feel all warm and happy. You totally make my day, you get me, and you are so kind. I hope you know that I adore you.
:)
Heath,
I miss you. How have you been? How do we be friends on here? I just started one the other day.
Love ya,
Manda
glad i could be some form of inspiration for you. now use it and use it fast. or i am just going to start writing posts for you.
and you don't want that, trust me.
get going!!
Heather, I've been thinking about you lately, wondering how life is??
Post a Comment