sheesh. i will try & keep this short & sweet.... busy month for us. May is the "big" month for nate & i. we had our anniversary on May 30th. #9 for us. then on May 31st is my birthday then on June 1st is Nate's birthday. so here is a recap of how it all went.....
cayden had a proud moment...
he earned is wolf in scouts. i had to post on this cause he was so happy & proud of himself. i must admit he worked really hard to get this. way to go cayden.
o.k. this is me taking a picture of myself after working in the kitchen & surprising
my husband on our anniversary... i had so fun planning this one out.
{thanks brittney for the fun idea}
i wanted to be creative. thought out. personal. & special. it was my turn to plan our anniversary. so here is how the night went. i got a babysitter 2 weeks in advance...the day of may 30th i dropped my kids off at the sitters by 1:00 pm and picked them up at 7:30 pm. what a nice break so i could set up for our date night.

welcome to "lovers lane restaurant"

table reserved for 2.

table reserved for 2.
the view of our table.
our menu.

here is my date. he was surprised. very happy. thankful & said the food was great & would recommend the restaurant to anyone. :)
here is my date. he was surprised. very happy. thankful & said the food was great & would recommend the restaurant to anyone. :)
next
getting ready to go to the movie theatre.
getting ready to go to the movie theatre.
we picked up our tickets to see "bride wars" & "mall cop"
great movies & we had killer seats.
wow, the treats & drinks were tasty & very well priced. can't complain there!
next we had a hotel suite waiting for us. the best in town.
seriously "no kids allowed" ;)
this is what my "hot" date saw when we got to our hotel room. [sorry if you can't read it]
we got spoiled.
even see's candy on the pillow... yum.
all i can say was... it was such a fun time & well worth the effort.
till next year.............
next day my birthday. me blowing out my "fake" candles. :)
thanks nate for getting me my favorite cake. {german chocolate}
also nate & the kids got me the wii fit. what a great day. everyone made it so special.
i have a great family & many wonderful friends.

me on my birthday. nate got me beautiful flowers.
my fav is yellow roses & pink gerber daisies.

next day is nate's birthday. i made him a giant cupcake for his birthday cake.
~love target for all the fun cake molds. :)
make a wish...
next, off to the end of the year residents annual roast.
Nate & his class were in charge of "roasting" the 4th year OB/GYN residents who just graduated.
all i can say is i can't wait to go next year & see what they "roast" nate on.
nate worked so hard this last month planning & pulling it all together & it sure paid off. he worked so hard on making the night a success & trust me i laughed so hard my cheeks hurt on the way home. good work nate.
me all dressed up for the night.

the shoes...

the way home from the "roast" what a wonderful evening.
marlee also had her end of the school year program the same night as the "roast"
we both felt so bad the we couldn't go. her friend's mom took a lot of pictures of her & we were able to get a video of her performing.
the name of her program was called "sounds a little fishy"
she did a wonderful job & i hope she knows how sad we were that we couldn't make it but, she sang her heart out & remembered her part perfect. we love you marlee. you did a great job.

a weekend of relaxing & fun at the beach.
ocean shores 09'
marlee covering up daddy.
18 comments:
Wow, you've been busy! I was just catching up on your blog when I saw you just left me a comment on mine! It's good to hear from you. :) I was thinking you guys were getting ready to move and panicking that we hadn't had you up here for dinner yet! But you still have one more year? We still have two (ugh), but at least the end is in sight.
Let's get together soon! We'd love to have you up for Sunday dinner.
~mandy
wow! you are amazing. what a cute idea! i loved catching small glimpses of your home in the background! i wish we could have had a girls night for your birthday, guess we will have to make it up in july! :) miss ya.
I'm impressed. I need to do a catch up post like this. I'm so glad you had a fun weekend with the roast and the beach. Cheers to happy family memories, right?
Heather, you have been so busy. I all looks like so much fun. you are so creative. Call me when you get a sec. Are the kids out of school? When is the Utah trip? Hope all is well. Love ya
i am tired just reading it... the anniversary turned out way cute. way to go and congrats on 9 years! heres to 100 more!
Wow - you put me to shame! I dont think I even got David a present last anniversary! Yikes! I saw you called while I must have been in the shower - I'll have to call you back later this afternoon - my sis is here from chicago and we'll be out for the day! Love ya! Glad you had a great time this last week-end!
Your a good wifey babe...my hubby would be VERY impressed if I did something like that...way to go...way cute!! And seriously...where did you get those shoes...I want them! I am been pregnant and wearing flat shoes for so long now...I want something cute like that!
Way fun to see all the events for your fam lately!
Love ya!
You are so cute! Holy cow you out did yourself! I would love to see you in July! Please please please call me and let me know when you will be here!!!!
What a fun anniversary. Good job... I'm so impressed! I hope you guys had a wonderful weekend.
Love you pictures.
When are you coming home?
Jess
WOW-what fun times you have been having! What a good wife and mommy! LOVE the new pic at the ...cant remember what its called....top of the page.;) Havent seen you forever, we will have to hang sooooon!
Wow, that was a great anniversary surprise. I am impressed. Of course, I hope Doug doesn't see this post because then he will wonder why he isn't getting an anniversary like that! Thanks for sharing...
Wow, what a fun anniversary! You are quite the party planner. Excluding the "hotel suite" part, I was thinking how fun it also would have been as a girls' night! Maybe I was just drooling over the pictures of the delicious meal and movie treat display! And I want to see Bride Wars.
Oh yeah, and we didn't do anything to celebrate our anniversary this year because it was the same day as Julia's baptism!
Very impressive Annaversary. I think I will let you plan mine this year. we usually give up and go out for dinner. Your kids are soo cute. I love Caydens wolf, that is a big accomplishment! Auntie Jen is excited to see her Miller nephews and niece in July!
Nate must feel really lucky that you put so much time and thought into him. Greg wouldn't notice any of that except the hotel suite#205 and 30 mintues later our anniversary celebration would be almost done..sure makes the gift giving easy on my end!! HA
I'm alittle broke at the moment but you should come over with the stuff to make the smoothies and I'll make them! Give me a week though I'm leaving for Ecuador Thursday.
I had so much fun reading that post! Those shoes you wore to the roast were rockin'.
You are so fun. I have NEVER planned anything so fun and romantic for an anniversary. I am totally impressed. Way to go.
Happy birthday to both of you beautiful people!
Happy Birthdays and Anniversary! You are so cute! I love the pictures of the kids on the beach. See you soon!
Love-Chels
Post a Comment