when you were little did you ever ask your parents & beg them for something???? i know i did. i begged & begged til my mom gave in. she did it just to shut me up....
now i get it. isn't it funny how your parents wait for the day to sit back & just chuckle at you cause they are thinking finally they get what i went through!
well, i have 3 kiddos+a husband that wanted something so badly that for the last 2 years all i hear is... mom i want a dog sooooooooo bad. please i promise i will take care of it. i will walk it, clean up the poop, feed it, play with it, & even put it to bed. my answer was always NO. someday we will. then for christmas my son was getting a haircut & the hair dresser asked did you have a good christmas & Cayden responded, yes i got everything i wanted but.... i thought santa would put a puppy in a box for me & leave it. i got everything i wanted but, i really wanted a dog.
WHAT!?!??! i was thinking when i heard all of this.
to make a long story short.................................. i'm a sucker!!!! here is our new addition to our family.

she truly is the sweetest thing. i'm not in love yet but, she grows on me every day. she is 7 months old. she is a rescue dog. my husband knows a lady at work that rescues cocker spaniels & paged him & said i have the perfect dog for you. the owners bought this dog & there daughter was very allergic to her after having her for 7 months. she is create trained & potty trained... well, she has had a couple of accidents but yesterday she had NONE. i was happy about that. anyways, there you have it. i'm a sucker & gave in.
now i know what my mom felt like when i begged her for my dog growing up. i thought i was such a dog lover until you are the
ONE responsible for all the work. isn't it funny how that works. i don't know what one is harder the dog or my kids???!?!?!? ;)
i need to say that her personality is very submissive. she is very calm & such a good girl. so i'm happy about that. :)
here are the kids loving her to death!!!

so, i never thought i would give in but, kids+a husband loves dogs so that is what you do.... the mom takes care of it & you get suckered right in!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
10 comments:
Not you too! Please don't tell any member of my family that you caved and bought a dog. Otherwise I might have to too.
And I have no intentions ever of becoming a dog owner.
Hope we get to chat soon!
Heather, Lady is the cutest! I can't wait to come meet her. I might have caved too with a dog that cute!!:)
Yeah - I've been "lucky" to have a built in excuse of being renters (we aren't allowed to own pets)...we'll see what happens when we buy a house someday :) Lady is sure cute though!
My kids love her. Lauryn had to pretend to be Lady all last night and I had to lay down the law that she had to eat like a little girl and not be Lady at breakfast this morning. Thanks alot Heather!! My dog free days are slowing coming to an end!!
She is adorable, looks just like my sister-in-laws-- so I guess that means you both have GREAT taste in dogs.
You are a sucker! But you're also a good mama too! She's a darling dog, she'll get easier to handle, and you'll get used to her too. :)
LOVE HIM! We have a dog too and it has been the BEST thing for my kiddos. It teaches them alot.
But I know what you mean about now you "get it"... my Mom sits back and laughs... saying "finally you understand!"
I personally don't think it is funny.
xox
She is so cute!
Looks like she is getting lots of love. My boys want a dog so bad, I tell them they got a sister instead!
NOOOOOO!!! I cannot let my husband see this post. I'm the perpetual villain in my family for not allowing a dog. Ever. I don't even say maybe later. I say sorry, you can get one when you move out. That pretty much applies to Jeromy, too!
Awesome! Great post. At least you realize up front that you will do most of the work even after all of their promises... now your family is TRULY complete. Before Lady, you were only 99.9% there with the kids, mortgage, and minivan... :)
Post a Comment