marlee's first attempt to take a picture..... a little dark
second attempt..... a little light :)
we headed up to the Tulip Festival on saturday and I couldn't deny the beauty of the quiet miles and miles of farms and fields. It was peaceful and breath taking. spending the afternoon there with my family was relaxing and enjoyable. i saw the benefits to a place so far away from civilization. i could see how it would be easier to stay focused. to remember the important, eternal purpose of life. there wasn't an overwhelming feeling to hurry life along and move on to the next thing. or to get caught up in unimportant, trivial aspects of everyday living. we were just a family, living in the moment and loving it. I thought, maybe, just maybe, I could live here forever.... as we drove home, leaving the farm homes and golden fields behind, through rush hour traffic in downtown Seattle, {4 hours} i thought about our future. I daydreamed about living in Utah again on a huge plot of land overlooking my moms house in fielding. nate worked at the hospital down the street. the one he didn't even have to get on the freeway to get to. I was a stay-at-home-farm-mom. we had our children. we had family close. and we had the best of both worlds. {then i woke up & realized there was going to be no nordstrom in sight or any fun boutiques.... it was a great daydream while it lasted....then my kids were screaming to get off that blastin freeway to get dinner. oh, what ever are we going to do? our future is so undecided. {in the army} but I like to look at it as a beautiful mess. our future is a beautiful, undecided mess that I am so lucky to be a part of and wouldn't trade the world for. i don't think my kids ever want to go back to the tulip farm as long as they live though. they said it was way to far for them!! ;)xo.
10 comments:
It must be far, because we never got up there, although Rebekka Amacher did bring me a bunch of tulips from a trip she made. What a gorgeous sight!
Yeah, I just don't see you as a farm mom. Glad you woke up from that dream. =)
sarah,
you know me too well~ ;)
Oh my gosh, how beautiful are those tulips!! Amazing. I think I might need to come up next year to see them, seriously. You are adorable Heather! Can't wait to see you guys next week...we miss you!! xoxo
Lots of pretty flowers. I would go there but after hearing how long it took you to get home, I think I'll just enjoy your pictures!!! Oh yeah and I can't see you as a farm girl. There are mice and bugs and spiders. You don't like those!! -heehee- Love ya-
Wow! GORGEOUS! I love this post.
- "A beautiful, undecided mess" You make me smile.
Well Heather if the kids don't want to go I will! So beautiful and it is wonderful that you were able to kick back and enjoy the moment. I also get the day dream, it is one I have often but in mine I keep bees. Matt just doen't understand.
FOUR HOURS!!!! This is ridiculous. I'm glad you enjoyed it though. We went up the other day too and I hadn't been in about 12 years. It would be so nice to just get away from it all, wouldn't it?! I'm sure that peace and quiet gets old though too!
i'm in love! i wanna go there!
the pics almost look fake!
wow! that's alot of exclamations!!!
put that on the list of things to do! ditto jo, love the "beautiful, undecided mess". why is life like that? if it's not work, it's something else : ) love you dear friend!
Post a Comment