Sunday, May 30, 2010

{5~30~00}

the morning of May 30, 2000. getting ready for the {BIG} day. wanted make.up perfect. so excited.  so nervous. hoped he loved my dress. those were some of my thoughts. wanted the perfect day......


10 Years of Marriage

9 years & 11 months of school/training thus far (undergrad, med. school, residency)

8 years of children

7 years of debt

6 cars

5 different address

4 years of rain

3 great kids

2 dogs i didn't want

1 He's still my ONE and ONLY

It's obviously been 10 years since this picture was taken. I have no idea what he was doing and what i was thinking. But I have a suspicion we were dwelling at the amount of times we were asked the same question over and over again..
 
Where are you two going to live? [University of Utah student housing]
Where are you going on your honeymoon? [San Diego, Ca]
When are you going to have children? [we will have a 2 week old baby in our arms as we celebrate daddy starting medical school. we will be overwhelmed and shocked but we will be very happy.]

If only we could have glimpsed the future, we could have given a lot more interesting answers.

May 30 = 10 years = happiness.

Here's to the next 10...

i love you babe,
~heather

7 comments:

Allison J. said...

so sweet! I remember going to your reception!

Anonymous said...

Nate& Heather...I remember the day as if it were yesterday. I remember you coming out of the Temple Doors hand n hand there was a glow about you.You have had your share of bumps but your love is stronger than ever.
We love you...
Mom

Heitmann Family said...

Happy Anniversary!! Hope your day is wonderful and thanks for subbing in primary. you rock!!

The Millers said...

Happy Anniversary!! How exciting...10 years, that's quite an accomplishment. One day Zach and I will be there, before we know it. I hope you both have a fantastic day. Those pictures are SO much fun!! I love them. Love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

more than the obligatory husband response comment...I hope. the things amazing about each other wouldn't have been nearly as fun, memorable, or important if not for the fact we have been together. The joy of the ten years isn't actually being at this destination it's all about the journey we've taken through roads not marked, trails that couldn't have been right but were exactly that. it's about the common pot holes, detours, and road blocks not unique, but nonetheless still sucky. crazy to believe we've more than survived and at times even thrived; even more amazing is that we've brought 3 kids along with us. this adventure is far from over and want you to know that I am grateful to be walking at this time next to you enjoying the ever changing (though currently mostly rainy with a 'chance of filtered sunshine'—gotta love Washington 3 more years baby) scenery that at times makes us laugh or cry but mostly both at the same time...loveyoubabe! thanks again for saying yes! happy anniversary.

The Willis Wonder Years said...

So sweet! Happy Anniversary! You made quite the gorgeous bride! I hope your day celebrating is romantic and fabulous!!

Coleman Family said...

Awwww...you two look so young. Little did you know .... pretty much about everything! HAppy Happy Anniversary to our wonderful friends! :)