Tuesday, May 11, 2010

{it was all about the quilts}

baptism day

Saturday, April 24, 2010 at 11:00 am

Because today I want to remember these things about Cayden at age eight.

he likes to be prepared. he is good with detail and precision. he smiles a lot and bites his finger nails when he is anticipating something new. he was more than prepared for this big day. he had talked about it tirelessly, he was ready. he cares about things like the way he looks, from his DS, to his swords & sticks outside, not to mention all of his bakugans, however he is not over.the.top, he just takes pride in all of his things {just like his mama}. he is super sensitive and cries watching ET,  but he hides it well. he sticks up for others, including his two younger siblings, he thinks being a big brother is one of his most valued possessions and I mean it. he is known to always do the right thing. This boy has the most contagious deep down belly laugh and it doesn't take much to get him going. he likes to tell jokes. he loves chess. he loves football. he loves his bike. he doesn't like his food to mix and uses a different utensil for each new food, but he is not a picky eater. {hahaha}. he has the BIGGEST SWEET TOOTH EVER. his favorite colors are green & blue. he has never missed a spelling word. he is awesome in math. he is smart. he loves to sing. he is competitive. he never gives up. he is kind. he has so many friends that he cares about.

Today he was baptized and he was so happy.

he had the biggest grin on his face & was totally overwhelmed & so excited.

the program. he made the program and worked really hard on it.
 
i didn't think Nate and I were old enough to have a child getting baptized, but after looking at us in these pictures...WE ARE --- YIKES!
 
It meant so much to him to have his grandma{s}, his grandpa{s} his uncle (& his two aunts) here for this day. He missed having his "texas"cousins there though. i truly appreciated all of MY cousins that were there, they are like my brothers & sisters. my kids love them all so much There was not an empty seat --- I am so grateful to good friends & family who love and showed support to him on this special day.
 
Cayden gave out these favors at the end. {All 50 of them}

the ballons

the cake

the beautiful table my mom put together. white roses, & her special cookies
she handed out to the adults when they left.

and the quilts....{it was truly all about the quilts}
my mom & aunt made these quilts for cayden's birthday & his baptism.
what do i say.... there is no words to express the love that went into these quilts. my mom has
such talent i didn't even know she had. for his baptism quilt she had all of our family send her a quilt square to represent their family & the love they have for cayden. i have it hanging in his room next to his bed. he looks at it every night & loves it. thanks mom for everything~


Appropriate {or not}?

Today I am so grateful for my belief in this gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the little things it allows us to understand and give meaning to in this life on earth. I am grateful that I was baptized. I am grateful for this day where my little boy received a gift, the greatest gift. I am grateful to be a mother, to be a wife and to be a daughter, and to know how great it is. Today I am grateful for my husband who is solid and firm in truth, that he could stand and be part of such a holy ordinance. Most of all I am grateful for my faith. i'm so greatful for family. i don't know what i would do without them. the spirit was so strong this day. i have so much love for the savior & for this beautiful day, my dear cayden {my first born} was baptised. I pray Cayden remembers where he came from, who he is. and where he is going.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, you did an awsome job on this post...you captured everything.Nate did a truly wonderful job,the spirit was so powerful,I was so proud of him.
It was such a wonderful day of treasured memories.Thank you for coming to Utah so I could be a part of my grandsons special day.
Love,
Mom

Heitmann Family said...

It looks like everything turned out perfect for his big day!! The quilts are amazing. Good Job Grandma!!

Coleman Family said...

So sweet Heather. Your whole family went above and beyond anything I've ever seen anyone do for a baptism...wow! Those quilts are darling, what a special mom you have!

melanie33 said...

It was a great day honoring a great boy making a great decision. We were glad to be there to witness it!

p.s. that quilt is amazing... tell Marla to get cracking on Haileys, lol.

briana said...

it was so great to see you. thanks for letting me tag along when you and mel get together! what a special day and what an amazing mom you have. lucky girl!

briana said...

ps, that antique white table in the pic...i got one of those in brown! love my rod works! :)