Monday, June 07, 2010

2010/06/04

 June 2010 came.

and Nate graduated. He is no longer a resident. He is officially an OB/GYN. and sure enough, we did it. i don't know if I enjoyed his hours or his "ON CALL" but, "Proud" doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of my feelings about my husband. not even close. I know my husband. I, of course, think he has wonderful qualities. he is wonderful towards me and has wonderful qualities as a  father to our children. his honesty and work ethic. I think he's pretty awsome. but I don't go to work with him. I don't see him in action in clinic or in the OR... i can only imagine. but this weekend, I was able to hear from his superiors and colleagues that those "at home" qualities carry over 100% to his career. he is a hard worker. he is a wonderful teacher to other residents. he goes to work and is a great surgeon. he is well respected by those he works with. i am so proud of him & his accompishments! he even got the {"golden speculum"}award.

what a great four years it has been. now we are on to the next chapter of our lives.... it is called {fellowship}
i don't like change but, i couldn't be more happier spending the next 3 years here in Washington. he, on the other hand, is completely ready & loves change. 

Residency Graduation-June 4, 2010 ( please don't mention the fact that they had to wear those awful camo's to graduation-Nate was NOT happy about it)

the annual roast celebration... it was a good one this year!
they say that the next 3 years of fellowship is a lot of research time
i'm counting on it!!!! :)


































xo.

10 comments:

Janilynn said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you! The next three will fly by too.We miss you, hope all is well. Talk to ya soon!

Coleman Family said...

Whoohoo!!! Congrats Dr. Miller and fam! We're so happy for you all! We love ya - muah! And I DO NOT want the next 3 years to fly by...arghhhh...

Mackenzie said...

congratulations! you did it! :-)

Odd Family said...

Congratulations!! That is such an amazing accomplishment. I know first hand that it takes a family, and a lot of sacrifice, to get through medical school. Enjoy the remaining part of your journey.:)

melanie33 said...

so weird. I remember well over a decade ago Brian and I doing our best to coerce Nate into skipping class. Calculus to be exact. He wouldn't do it. He was on a path, even then to become what he is now. We are so proud of him!

Becky said...

Can you believe it's been 8 years since they started med school?? I've been joking with Jeromy lately about how many graduations he's had, or will have. High school, college, med school, intern year, residency (this Sat.), and then fellowship next year. Can we be done now?! But you're totally right--why would we wish these years away? Even with all the challenges, they're the best years, and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

briana said...

how exciting! that is such an accomplishment! i am so happy for you!

hurry up and finish that fellowship and move on back this way!

Heitmann Family said...

The roast was a ton of fun!! Hopefully the next year will fly by for us as well!!1 I am glad we got to experience the wonderful world of residency together!!

nersey said...

What a great post Heather, It is so great when others are able to see all of your spouses best qualities and strengths. Way to go Nate!

shauni said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys. I bet it is sooo nice to be done. Good luck the next three years!