Friday, September 24, 2010

{friday favorites}

{Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies}
2 c. shortening
2 c. white sugar
1 {29-oz} can pumpkin
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
4 c. flour
1 bag chocolate chip
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp cinnamon
~Combine shortening & sugar. Add remaining wet ingredients. Combine dry ingredients & then add to the wet ingredients. Mix well. bake on greased cookie sheet at 350 for 12 to 16 min. makes about 42 medium cookies.
~Carmel frosting:
6 T. butter
1/2 c. milk
1 c. brown sugar
3 c. powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
Combine butter, milk & sugar in large saucepan. Boil 2 min. over medium heat. Take off heat; let cool. Be sure to add powdered sugar when REALLY cool. then add powdered sugar & vanilla. Drizzle over cookies.

{love being a mother to this energetic little girl}
love how she is so excited to have a sister.

{love that i can use this as an excuse}

{loved our family vacation to Disney}
hope one of these days i can get around to posting all
of the pictures. just don't want to bore you too much.

{love how my boys' look out for one another}

one last thing....
{i love these}


12 comments:

Becky said...

Whoa. I didn't know those kisses existed! They look SO good!

nicole said...

yummy i love pumpkin spice kisses!

Becky T said...

OK, so I am really like the Friday Favorites post! I may have to do one of my own some time (since i just can't get back to regular blogging for some reason...ugh!) And now I'm itching to make those cookies and you know I'll be on the hunt for those hershey kisses now! Yum! I haven't tried them but they look delicious. And you look darling in that picture of your daughter! Thanks for the Friday Favorites. :)

Marcie said...

I think I will be making those cookies tonite! perfect for fall. You look alittle to cute for a pregnant lady. Hope your doing good, it's always fun to see what your up to.

briana said...

k.....

1-those cookies look sinful. i am into sin.

2-your sweater is adorable. but i can't sport orange. btw...you don't even look pregnant. just sayin.

3-i'm not even expecting and i always park there. i told you i am into sin.

4-those kisses. never tried them. send me a bag. you know you wanna.

:) love ya!

Sarah said...

Is this why you called me this morning--to drop off cookies? =)

Becca said...

Are those the cookies you brought to the halloween party last year?!?! Those were amazing. BTW I forgot to tell you that I dropped off your tray yesterday...hope you saw it on your porch under the boo. I would have called but I don't have your number anymore since my phone died.

The Millers said...

Pumpkin spice kisses?! You've got to be kidding me!! I NEED to try these. xoxo

Coleman Family said...

Yum, I have never seen those kisses! Where do you get them, and get me some! :) Love the pictures of you and Marlee and the boys with their daddy. Love you!

melanie33 said...

i loved all of it too...
until i saw those pumpkin spice cookies and i wanted to throw up.
pumpkin isn't my thing...
but whatever floats your preggo boat!

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

I love your Favorites;0!!! Those cookies and kisses made me soo hungry now;0 You sure have a great family!!!

RR said...

heather..

I love those pumpkin cookies you make! When can I come get one!