Monday, September 20, 2010

more of {school} + my {three} year old

I'm a little late with posting these pictures + lack of energy + trying to get back in the swing of things. My {three} year old started pre-school this year. he was bored + missed his siblings + didn't really care what i tried to teach him. he has so much energy. he is very social. & very inquisitive.
As a mother i want the best for him. i went back & fourth on this decision of  putting him in preschool. he just turned {3} not even a month ago. When he was 2 1/2 he went  to speech therapy for 10 weeks. they thought it would be good for him to listen & socialize with other children. he is doing so much better with his speech. we just need to work on the articulation part with him. he is a little behind on his fine motor skills as well. the thing is, he is not much of a crafter. his interest of coloring is about a 3 & threading beads on a string is about a 2. i don't know does it really matter at this age??? i think everyone has different interests. i think it will come. Yeah, maybe he won't be an artist someday but, he sure can throw a ball!! :)

first day of school 9/13/10
i don't know about you but, i think he is going to love it.....
 & after a week he couldn't be happier. i'm so happy i went with my gut. :)


8 comments:

Odd Family said...

What a cutie!I'm so glad he is liking it.Fun! That gives you some good shopping or resting time too.

The Willis Wonder Years said...

He is so dang cute!!! I love how tiny he looks with his little monkey backpack on. A mama's gut never lies to them, so it is obvious it was good you went with your gut instinct! What a great experience this will be for him! miss you to pieces by the way! Muah!

melanie33 said...

and peace settles on the homestead!
love it!
who cares if it's only temporary?

Heitmann Family said...

Moms do know best and I am glad he is loving it!! Plus you get a little quiet time out of it which never hurts!!

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

I am soo glad he is liking it!!!! His backpack is adorable!! I wonder if Grayson will be in his class in Oct?? I am really happy that you get a break everyday too:)!!

Danielle said...

Congrats on the little girl you are growing. I haven't been blog hopping in a while and now that school is in I am trying to get all caught up. Congrats!

briana said...

they grow so fast. it's hard to believe in just a few months you will have another little one around again!

Coleman Family said...

Good to know he loves going! Go Garrett!