how i miss getting at least 7 hours of uninterrupted {sleep} i mean when i was pregnant i still got some sleep. i got up several times to go to the bathroom but, i just fell right back into bed.... also if i wasn't sleeping that great i could take that {trusty} unisom & after that i was good to go until my
right now i'm so sleep deprived i want to cry. i have bags under my eyes, i think i stare into [outer space], my hair just doesn't look the same & my kids keep asking me why i am so tired.... {are they kidding me}
my little sweet girl just LOVES to be held. i should put the pack & play away & call my new bed the couch!
my thoughts are going towards getting a KING size bed, then all 3 of us would be happy.
any of you had any luck with getting newborns to sleep???? don't get me wrong i love being with her all night & watching her make all her cute noises & i love just to stare at her.... i'm just asking for at least a couple of hours of sleep.
thanks for listening..... after all i am really tired! i guess i should go get some rest while she is! :)
p.s. i guess ONE good thing that has come out of this is... my sweet Marlee folded all the laundry last night. she said that Nate & i looked to tired & she didn't want us to do all the work!! :)
12 comments:
oh how i too miss sleep. girl, get yourself a king! that marlee is a keeper- and yes, sleep when your baby sleeps. :)
I wish i had some magic trick to tell you to get newborns to sleep at night, but i don't. I would say send nate directly to the store to get a King FOR SURE. and then just breath deep breaths and know this is the last baby you will loose sleep over!!
I just want you to know you stayed awake all night and slept during the day for months. I call this pay back. Then in H.S. it started all over again ha, ha, ha.
I LOVE YOU!
I will be at the airport tomorrow with bells on.
love, mom
When you figure it out, let me know! When Adie falls asleep I baby burrito her (she hates it when she's awake) - that usually helps her sleep longer. Take advantage of Nate home during the day and sleep when she does too.
Newborns are so sweet, but so hard!! Man, I remember that feeling of total sleep deprivation, especially with James. It really caught up with me after the first 2 weeks of never getting more than one hour of sleep at a time! Poor Heather!
Yep. Spring for the king sized bed. Best thing ever.
What's been working for us is a snug swaddling and lights to a bare minimum during sleeping hours. Also don't talk or interact with her too much at night. I know it sounds horrible but it seems to help them get into a routine of wake up, eat and go back to sleep. Hope something helps. She is a completely beautiful baby, congrats:)
Mandy Makes a good point about limiting during the wee hours in the morning. Its got to be all buisness just eat and then sleep. Also a king size bed saved my marriage...just say'n.
baby wise sister. saved my bacon with hannah.
What a sweet little Marlee and so responsible to notice you needed help and take action. I wish I had a trick to share with you to get them to sleep. We gave up and just allowed Matthew to sleep with us (yes, having a king size bed helps) until he finally started sleeping through the night at 10 months. We did get one of those cute little co-sleepers though so Brian wouldnt roll on Matthew. You do what you have to do to survive. Im sorry you are so tired though. Just remember to try and sleep whenever she is sleeping and your other kiddos are gone to school or something. Every little bit will help! Love ya!
Oh Man- I am soo sorry that you haven't been getting sleep- that is th worst part of having a newborn (just keep remembering this will pass and it better pass quickly;)! I hope you have a great trip and it goes a little smoother!!!
BabyWise worked great for us too.
Post a Comment