Friday, February 25, 2011

{this very moment}


Instead of checking off my to dos... I'm cuddling this little girl.
i know that the last few posts have been about Audra. what do i say though. that is pretty much what we have been consumed with is loving on this sweet girl! i know i need to post more on my 3 other children. they truly have been so patient & awesome the last 4 weeks. it is always hard trying to figure out the so.called. "new" schedule. it always takes a good few months to figure it all out.
This little girl though has had a hard time these last few weeks. lets just say starting Saturday this is what we have been going through with her.
Saturday: projectile vomiting after every feeding
Sunday:projectile vomiting after every feeding
Monday:projectile vomiting after every feeding
Tuesday:projectile vomiting after every feeding.
i couldn't take it anymore so i took Audra to the hospital WEDNESDAY morning. to figure out what was going on.
[i can't thank my friend Sarah enough for taking care of my kids for 2 days]
when the doctor saw her they started running blood work on her & sent her down to radiology for an ultra sound... basically they found out that she had Pyloric Stenosis.
{Pyloric Stenosis is an uncommon condition in newborns and infants that affects the muscles of the pylorus, which is at the lower end of the stomach. The muscles of the pylorus (pyloric sphincter) connect the stomach and small intestine.
In pyloric stenosis, the pyloric sphincter becomes abnormally large. The enlarged muscles block food from entering the baby's small intestine. Pyloric stenosis can lead to forceful vomiting, dehydration and weight loss. Babies with this condition may seem to always be hungry.
Prompt treatment of pyloric stenosis is important for preventing complications. Pyloric stenosis can be corrected with surgery}

After the findings of what she had she got admitted to the hospital. she was given IV fluids & pretty much was not a happy girl because she could not have anything to eat from 4am on..... it didn't matter anyway cause she couldn't hold anything down. but, like she knows that. :(
Thursday morning was surgery.
Friday we were discharged.
She is doing pretty well. she has been able to hold down most of her feedings. i just feel so bad for her when she lets out these little cries. that is when the Tylenol comes in handy every 4 hours. she has had bad diarrhea tonight.  i hope it goes away soon. it just takes time for everything to heal back up i guess.
Thank. you soooo much for all your love, prayers, friendship, & concern. we feel so blessed right now.
i am so thankful that we found out what was wrong & now she can have some food in her belly & be happy.
love you all so much, xo.

~heather

p.s. before we knew what was wrong with her she had these darling pictures taken by my friend Melanie. she does such awesome work!!!!! here is a little sneak peak to come....


12 comments:

Odd Family said...

Heather Oh My!! Poor little girl! I had no idea all this was happening.:( I'm so glad to know it is all fixed and she is recovering. Audra and your family are in our prayers.

LOVE the pictures of her. She is beautiful!!

briana said...

I knew something wasn't right. Once again I posted a comment on your old post. Weird. Glad to know you are home and trying to find your new normal again.

You look beautiful in that pic and so does baby Audra.

Hugs to yall both-

melanie33 said...

what a crazy scary stressful thing... it's so hard to know they are feeling pain. ugh. I am glad she is home and snugglable (yes i know that's not a word!)
I hope she gets feeling better, that you get sleep, that the rest of your clan are angels, that nate can squeeze some time out of his crazy schedule to do some snuggling of his own!
love u

Anonymous said...

I'M SO GLAD OUR PRECIOUS IS HOME AND DOING SO MUCH BETTER.I KNOW YOU AND NATE HAVE BEEN THROUGH @*_)
THIS PAST WEEK(HELL).
I ADMIRE YOU BOTH AND YOU ARE
WONDERFUL PARENTS.
LOVE,
MOM

Coleman Family said...

So glad everything turned out alright! Love you!

JoAnna said...

Oh my gosh you can post EVERY day about this gorgeous little num-num!! Poor little baby-girl. But what a blessing to have it all diagnosed and taken care of already!!

K, Heather. Those pics? AMAZING!!! you are gorgeous and so is your baby!

Thanks for the post. (How did you know to go to the hospital?? So wise.)

Allison J. said...

She is so sweet! Glad she is doing better and you guys are home!

Camilla Millar said...

Poor Mommy. I am so sorry for all the stress this must have caused you. I am so glad that surgery went well and she seems to be doing better. Hang in there. You are a great mom.

Oh, and I can't wait to see some more professional pics-- gorgeous!!

Becky said...

Poor baby! Thank goodness for modern medicine. I'm so glad she got it taken care of, and I hope she continues to get better and better. And you hang in there! You're amazing.

The Wilson Family said...

Oh my Heather!! Poor little baby (and momma). I am glad to hear the surgery is done and she's healing. Man, she sure is adorable! Congrats again on a sweet new little bundle.

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

Man, I feel soo bad for you guys!!!! Having your sweet little baby having to get surgery is awful!! I hope it is all better now and just needs to heal! I LOVE the pics!!! Audra is soo beautiful:)

Chels said...

Oh my heck, how scary! Im so glad things are better and hope she heals fast. She is so precious and the pictures are darling!