Monday, May 16, 2011

{how can you say NO}

to these cute girls...

the girls quickly ran inside and told me that they needed a box, a wash cloth, a bucket of warm water, & a bucket for their money. they were also going to make a sign so [all] the cars would know to stop. they got out their pencils and went back outside to work on there sign. they were NOT going to let another car opportunity slip by them again.


I filled their pockets with dimes & gold coins from my coin jar so they would have change just incase someone didn't have exactly $1.00. They were going to be ready when they saw just even ONE car.

I said their sign was crystal clear and that any cars or trucks would know exactly what they wanted.
[they wanted to wash even just one car]


They waited...


Fifteen minutes.


Thirty minutes.


An hour.


Two hours.


And you know what? No cars or even trucks stopped for these cute girls to wash.. they even were cheerleading & flaging people down. I felt so bad for them. they were so disappointed. [disappointment] read over their entire faces. They couldn't understand why  no one wanted them to wash their cars.  I wanted so badly for their sign to be recognized. It just broke my heart.
So, instead i just gave them a dollar & some snacks. they went on there way & rode their bikes instead!
  
how could anyone say NO
 to these cute faces???

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, that broke my heart as well. Tell Marlee grandma would have stopped and I would have given them $10.00 dollars.

Love,Love,Love
Mom

Heitmann Family said...

Too funny!! Oh what they will think of next!! Thanks for humoring them!

Odd Family said...

seriously, I would have pulled over and gave them $$$ just for trying.:) Cute girls!!!

The McClellan Family said...

That is so cute:) I would love to come over and hold some baby anytime you let me know what works! But seriously I have been in the dark place of colicy baby world. Let me help whatever you need my dear. . .

RR said...

$1 a carwash..let me know next time they're trying to earn money. I'm in! What a deal!

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

Oh my goodness that is so cute and a little sad;0!!! Maybe next time the poster will be huge and bright- then all the cars will see it;0!! They are adorable:0 !!!!!

briana said...

this weekend burke and brooke sold koolaid! i want to post about it- if i were there i would have paid big just to hear their laughs and see their bright smiling faces! those were the days!

CUTE GIRLS!

melanie33 said...

Those cute girls... i would have given them some cash!
Hailey does the same thing with her friends; what is it with these girls?!

Coleman Family said...

Oh, I wish you'd have called me - I would have driven over to have them wash the van!