O.k. here it goes I'm going to do something fun cause I have had NO phone & NO internet for 3 weeks now......... I seriously can't talk about it because i'm still so mad about it. :) { i will save it for another date}
Anyways, when you have no communication like i have had that left me no choice, i love to shop & decorate. I found some of my FAVORITE things for Halloween/Fall. Like i have said before Fall is my favorite time of year & i wanted to do a GIVE AWAY cause i have missed all of you soooooo much!!! :)
Here is what you do: leave a comment on my blog about your favorite FALL traditions or what you do fun during this time of year... i would love to hear & get some great ideas!!!
I will randomly pick the lucky winner on Friday at noon so you have til then to leave a comment.
What i will be sending to ONE of you is below...
1. a pumpkin {i love to carve them with my kids}
2. a small pumpkin with a star {ummm yep i LOVE stars}
3. a cat cookie cutter {it reminds me of my mom.. that is our tradition through all the holidays we love to make cookies, eat them with the kids, & share them with friends}
4. yummy potpourri {i love when my house smells so good this time of year}
5. a cute little decoration that says: Mummy & Deady
6. my favorite candle {candy corn}

20 comments:
Here's to hoping I win. My fave tradition is one I heard about last year--convincing the kiddos to give their Halloween candy to the 'Great Pumpkin' in exchange for a toy. They can pick out their faves--whatever fits into a small ziploc bag--and the rest is left by the front door for the GP. After I go through it (J/K), I can throw it away. Actually, last year we donated all of it to a local restaurant for care packages being sent to Iraq. How perfect is that?
Holy Smokes! This is the best give away ever!!! Niiiice!
My favorite thing about the fall is it is HOT CHOCOLATE TIME! As soon as it is cold enough to be chilly at night, we all love us some hot chocolate and marshmallows. It reminds me of everything good in life.
Also I get to strike up the yummy candle smells of vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin... you know, the warm fall scents.
Uh, right... the "elder and sister roundy"... that would be me, Carolyn!
Sorry, I was signed in under my parents' name. I hate it when I do that!
I don't know if we have any set traditions. We always decorate and stick our gigantic spider out front. I love the autumn candle smells I have a million of them and this year I made a wreath out of leaves for the front door. I love the weather in fall where we live it is about 70-80 during the day and cools off at night!!
I have been wondering what's up with you lately! I have missed you! when are you getting the computer and phone back anyway????
My fav halloween time tradition is taking the kids to see the witches at Gardner Village then going to the bakery for a yummy role or cookie. Then we go home and pull out all the halloween books and read to our heart's content.
ps... the loot is so cute. i don't know how you do it...
I love going to Gardner Village for Witches Night Out with my friends. I love taking my kids back to see the witches. I love putting out my decorations. I love the smell of the leaves. (Except when they are all in Mel's bedroom answering her to a dance.) Hope I win!!!
Hey Heather. We miss ya'll too! My favorite thing about this season is the time we spend sharing time with our family and friends. It is pretty sad that it takes people till the end of the year to see their family. We should spend more time all year long! I love the cool mornings, playing with the kids in the snow (HA HA not this year) It hasn't snowed in Texas like never! Anyway, I also love all the fun wall flower smells that come out just for fall!
I cannot imagine living that long without phone and internet. I really cannot. It seems like it would change my life. Is that crazy?? Whoa! Give us more details of how you've been surviving.
I love love love fall more than anything else in the world. One fun thing to do at this time of year is to hold an apple taste-testing party. Assign everybody to bring a bag of a certain kind of apple (all different varieties). Slice them all up and melt a bunch of caramel. Then everybody votes on their top three fav apples dipped in the caramel. Super fun. Try it!
Growing up my favorite tradition was our family Halloween party. My dad didn't like us going around the neighborhood begging for candy(his idea of trick or treating)so we had our own party. We would make our own pinata, have a fishing pond, bob for apples, ect and the best part was everyone always wanted to come to our house instead of going trick or treating so we never felt like we missed out on anything. I would like to start that with my own kids!!
How fun are you??!! OK, some of our fall traditions are - attending Oktoberfest (at Snowbird), carving pumpkins, and drinkin' lots of hot cocoa (Stephen's mmmm)! Fall things that things I LOVE, but aren't exactly "traditions" include...pumpkin choc. chip cookies, carmel popcorn (I've got a great, easy recipe too), hayrides, and ANYTHING to do with Halloween (costumes, decorations, CANDY)!
Hey Heather, having lived in Olympia, I find it a miracle that you found that many cute things in your shopping trips. Tell me you went to Seattle to get some of that stuff. :) Anyway, one of my favorite fall traditions is to make the kids Halloween costumes myself. I don't do it every year, but this year I have a pattern for that is mostly no-sew. Elizabeth and Bret will be cowgirl and cowboy and Ethan will be an Indian. Thanks for the idea, I have had fun reading other people's great fall tradition ideas!
Oh I was off line for a month last April, from my two year old throwing a sippy cup at the laptop screen, I felt so isolated. Glad to see you are back up and running. My favoite things are picking out the pumpkins in pumpkin patches and making carmel apple, truly a beautiful thing.
Heather, you are too cute! I'll tell you my favorite traditions just because. We always used to carve pumpkins the night before Halloween with my dad and then roast the seeds in the oven and watch the Halloween Charlie Brown. Now with the kids we do the same thing. We also go to the Lattin's Country Cider and Mill pumpkin patch and eat their apple fritters and go through the maze! So much fun! I also fill the house with the pumpkin scented plugins and just bought my pumpkin candle this week!!! This year I'm starting a new tradition - a Halloween tree that I hung lights on and stuff. Dave thinks I'm nuts...Yay for Fall!!!!!
HI!!! I missed you, its so good that your back! I LOVE FALL and especially HALLOWEEN! I could go on for hours about all my favorites: caramel apples, yummy candles (SCENTSY), caramel popcorn, decorations, costumes, there is a way the air smells in the fall-it is just crisp and so good. My favorite tradition is to BOO our neighbors. We did that when we lived in NM and it was so much fun! If you don't know what that is, let me know and I will give it to you. Oooh, ooh, also Witchelina. The week before Halloween I make a scary dinner each night and then we have a witch that visits and leaves little surprises that the kids have to find, like a treasure hunt. So fun! Then on Halloween night they pick out their favorite candy and set the rest out for the witch. When they wake up she has taken the candy and left a toy in its place.
Do you want me to go on? :)
I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!!
I've been wondering where you've been! Glad you're back!
We started a new tradition last year of being all alone for both Thanksgiving and Christmas! Actually, we loved being home by ourselves for Christmas, but it would be nice to share Thanksgiving with someone.
We love Halloween in our family. Jeromy loves to decorate the outside of the house. We love driving around looking at cool lights and decorations while drinking hot chocolate from 7-11! (Works for Christmas lights, too.)
I can't believe your phone and internet have been out for so long!! How incompetent of them. Can't wait to hear the details, and I hope you get it back soon! And some money from them.
Heather,
I am SO glad that you are back up and running! Your give away is the cutest idea ever!!
This time of year ALWAYS makes me miss Utah and the changing of the leaves. I love the smells and tastes of fall. I loved getting Marla's cookies and seeing the Grandbabies all dressed up in their Halloween Costumes. As the kids were growing up, I loved make their costumes and taking them trick or treating!
I look forward to seeing what each of the kids will be this year!!
XXOOOX
Mama Jo
Dang it I missed the 12:00 deadline. I have missed you too, but I am so glad your back. Three weeks without phone or internet? I would be a crazy person! You are always doing such cate/crafty things. I love Fall too, I think my very favorite thing is to go to the pumkin patch with my kids. The farmer takes you on a hayride out to pumpkin patch and you pick your pumpkin. I can't wait to go this year.
Oh my goodness, what a fun little giveaway! You are a girl after my own heart with all those fun goodies. I know I missed the deadline, but I do have to say that our all time fall tradition is the good old pumpkin patch. Nothing beats it and nothing says fall like going to the Pumpkin Festival at a local farm, which includes a pumpkin patch, a hay ride, yummy food, all sorts of farm animals, etc. So fun! I love Fall!!!
you need some of my strength? if only you knew how weak i feel. it must be the strength of others that i draw on. i can't believe you think that. thanks. makes me feel like i can go on.
Post a Comment