Monday, November 05, 2007

How it all began..... in the Lagoon

How many married people do you know that can say they met at a waterpark?
Well we can! 12 years later Nate is still traumatized by the licorice, lemonade, and starbursts that Heather stole from him everyday. Little did she know that he always bought extra just in case she was working that day. For two summers in high school these two avid swimmers and sun babies "roughed" at Lagoon-A-Beach water park in Farmington, UT.
Years of late night phone calls and countless pages of letters and a small fortune spent on postage culminated in their marriage in 2000. A union to stand the ages having to date survived a weekly 4 hour round trip commute from Snow college to Kaysville, 2 years in the Philippines, Medical School at the University of Utah and 17 months (31 months to go!) of Ob/Gyn residency at Madigan Army Medical Center. Our blog name helps us remember the roots of our relationship (RED LIFESAVERS). They both admit that they couldn't imagine making this journey with anyone else! And of course the 3 newest Millers have truly been lifesavers in their own right.

2 comments:

Chels said...

I didn't know you guys were lifeguards at Lagoon - so was I, WAHOO! Very cute story!

Elise said...

So fun! I love the 1990's hair style Nate! You guys couldn't be cuter. I'm so glad to see you've joined the blog-o-sphere... You can link to my blog from my name. Put me on the list! : )

e