Sunday, January 20, 2008

1st

We had a couple of First's today.....

  • First time making it to church on time since we were newly married! {I was so proud of myself}
  • First time seeing our great friends THE Sybrowsky's since we moved here a year 1/2 ago! They live only an hour away.... It's so sad that we wasted that much time not getting together when we really live so close. Thanks Mandy and Christian for such a fun dinner night!
  • First time Garrett rolled over... It's so sad to say but he rolled right off the couch! Sorry Garrett I hope you are O.K. {no more couch time that is not supervised}
  • First time I have NOT called my mom more than 5 times in a day... That couldn't be true :)
  • First thing's First I don't think I have anything else to say! Can you believe that one!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok now, I am quite sure that some of those firsts canot be true... not calling your mom 5 time? nope. don't believe it. Church on time with 3 kids? Nope, not buying it. Garrett rolling over? are you kidding? He was just born! He can't possibly be rolling abywhere!! (where does the time go?) And finally YOU not having ANYTHING to say? Now that is going too far....

Heather said...

Mel, I promise it was all true! I was too tired last night to say anything else??? :)
P.S. it took me 3 hours to make it on time to church!!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL... ok, ok 3 hours is more understandable. I am just thinking about my own nine o' clock church thinking I don't know how that is possible! Oh and I promise that I can spell... my post above was just a very tired and distracted version of me. Good to talk to you yesterday... still working on my phone situation!!

mandy said...

Thank you again for having us over and for feeding us! It was delish! I'm glad we finally made that work. Too bad the drive is so long (1 hr. 20 min. total). Oh well--good friends are worth it!

P.S. Oh, I thought the movie was awful, of course. Horrifying! I'm still not sure why I gave in to him. I told him he'd have to find the babysitter, pick her up, etc., which I didn't really expect he would do. :)

My mother-in-law had told me the entire plot beforehand, so at least I knew what was coming when. But I still spend half the film with my eyes covered! That boy has a very cheesy chick-flick in his future. . .

Anonymous said...

That’s hilarious about Garrett rolling off the couch – I mean, since he is ok I feel like I can say that…but isn’t it funny how careful we are with the first. And then the rest is just survival mode. LOL