Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A month later. . .

So first off, sorry for the lack of blogging over the last month or so. I know that it's been a while since I sent out an update to everyone. So finally after the wild and crazy ride that the last month has been I have finally been able to make the time to explain the reason behind the lack of blogs and to explain what craziness that has been going on at our house.
6, 12, 15, 24 months...How do women and families do it?
Nate just got back from 1 month in North Carolina @ Ft. Bragg where he did a month of labor and delivery. Below is a photo diary of how I felt while he was gone.

The loving, supportive, stiff-upper-lip I can do this attitude. (Feb 2, the day he left)
So is this really what good ol' June felt like? (Feb 8). So Cayden and Marlee are hearing about 75% of what I am saying and following about 50%, not much different from when he is here.

I'm ready to pull my hair out!! (Feb 17). So, Cayden and Marlee are now hardly hearing a word that I am saying, partly because I've lost my voice and they are not doing anything that I ask them to. To top it all off anyone familar with my blog knows about the near overdose on ibuprofen incident while I had strep throat, well it was happening right about now as well.

Ready for the big house like Deborah (Feb 28). After a not so relaxing "vacation" to Utah, I've had enough, in fact a change of scenery doesn't seem so bad.

Mar 1
He wasn't supposed to be home until Mar 2nd, but he surprised us all showing up on the front porch just before midnight on Mar 1st, it was an awesome surprise. Welcome home Sweeetie! p.s. the Kids are all yours, they'll be awake @ 6:00 am.


My mom always told me {it's all in the attitude}
Att/i/tu/des are positive, negative or neutral views of an "attitude object": i.e. a person, behaviour or event.
Being a single mother of a 5 1/2 yr. old, 4 1/2 yr. old, & 6 month old was a little more tricky than I thought! You seriously need a POSITIVE attitude to get through til the next day. That's not to say everyday was peaches, but having the eternal perspective was at times the only thing that keep me flickering to the next day.
P.S. Thanks Brady & Kendy for feeding him 2 out of the 3 hot meals he got in a month!!!

12 comments:

Heitmann Family said...

Very cute, glad you got your man back!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had such a rough month, wish we were still down the street so the kids could come and play. Love to see that Nate's home safe.

Sarah said...

Did you really have two different hair colors while he was gone? Coloring hair is a sanity saver for sure. LOL

Heather said...

Sarah the first picture was taken at his brother's wedding... But, I did get my hair colored while he was gone! :)

Becky said...

Glad to hear he is home but sorry he is gone again. Hopefully you got a good nights rest before he left again. The kids are great and sound like they have great imaginations. Can't wait to see you at the wedding!

Chels said...

Aaaaaaaahhhhh! Been there done that, but not for that long. Glad he is back to save you! Glad to see you back on the blog!

Anonymous said...

Love you Heath! Thanks for keeping in touch. Loved that email yesterday! hope the kids are good.

Kari

emeryfam said...

You blog stalker! Don't you love finding peoples blogs. Looks like your life is as CRAZY as mine(mabe a little more) Thanks for saying hi, hope all is well!

Elise said...

I'm so glad you made it! Cutest post : )

shauni said...

I'm glad to hear that you survived. It isn't easy being a mom, even when your husband is around to help! Glad to here he made it home okay

Anonymous said...

Heath, Yeah Nate's home! I I don't know how you survived without him. Your one tough cookie!
Yes, I am finally felling better. Thanks for asking.
Love ya!

Danielle said...

Hard life. Being a single mom is rough. There is an end in sight and everyone who has experienced that can be grateful for that.