I have been on a Painting Frenzy lately & loving it!{my new hobby}
My husband thinks our house is going to turn into a circus if I don't watch it...
but, I'm having a hard time listening!!
Here is a few of my recent painting projects..
This is the half bath downstairs..
I have been just doing accent walls
3 tones of GREEN {the wall & decorative towels}
[Arbor Green Interior Satin]
LOWES
[LOWES ]
Got a great deal, everything here in Washington is SO overpriced
WE DON"T HAVE A TAIPAN {i guess that is a good thing} :(
Sorry it is so hard to tell the light in her room
is horrible!
Her room is in lavendars, sage green, & yellow
I found the paint color I loved at Restoration Hardware
but, as you know I was NOT going to spend $36.00 for 1 gallon.
I matched the paint color at lowes
{Baltimore Orioles in Eggshell}
so my friend showed me the tricks that make a PERFECT straight line...
{Shenandoah Taupe in Eggshell}
O.K. so I had a lucky day when I ran into these....
The mammoth mirror they replaced was about 10 ft long and 4 ft tall; it took almost a whole roll of paper towels each week to windex it!
These I found on clearance at pier 1 for $48 each normally $200 each!!! what a steal.
This is my next hobby to undertake (NOT) but this is a talent I wish I had the time and patience for. My friend makes these awesome quilts and she knows how much I love stars. She was kind enough to part with it and sold it to me...isn't it so cute!!!
I love my little helper who patiently naps while I finished all of the these projects.
15 comments:
What a great "hobby" to have! And I'm jealous you actually like doing it too. I can't say the same, that must be why it is taking us forever to get nothing done when it comes to painting.
So I want to know how you painted behind the toilet seat? That is what is keeping me from tackling our bathrooms. Please share!
Heather all I can say is you should be doing this for a living. Every room looks fantastic. When I am in my home, you MUST help poor little design challenged me. Oh and how does everything in your house look that way with three small children?
Carolyn: that is why i DIDN'T do over the toilet... I did the side wall by the toilet.{too much work for me} :) My friend just painted her bathroom though & she needed help with the toilet. You honestly hav't to turn off the water, take off the back end of the tiolet.. empty that & get a brush that has a nice edge to it. the one I like is: wooster pro classic #48455 {lowes} they come in all sizes! This brush would be good b/c it is small enough to get around the tight areas around the toilet!
Good Luck & show pictures when/if you finish your bathroom! :)
Mel: All I can say is I do a lot of clean up after bed time & Garrett can't crawl yet!!!! :)
p.s. I guess my mom rubbed off on me too!
Good you are already in the painting mode to help me with my entire house. Aren't you a lucky friend!!
Wow - everything looks so nice!
Good job, it is so fun to change something up and make it feel new
Loved it
You have such great ideas! We are planning on painting Tanner's room and the new baby's room sometime this summer. I'll have to use some of your ideas when we get ready to paint!
Yeah, it looks awesome. You are such a great decorator! I'll have to come see it all in person soon.
Wow, I need you here to help me paint!! I would pay you! (If only you knew how much we paid to have our family room painted! And if only you lived a tiny bit closer.)
I love that mirror from Lowe's. I might have to go check it out. I want a mirror like that for my living room.
Heather, thanks for the visit to my site.
VERY impressive work, I must say. First question: how do you get such strait lines (I have not been that lucky) and how did you do (or buy) those little towel tie backs in your bathroom
Decorating ASSISTANCE required: I am horrible! You, however, have quite a knack!
Your a busy woman!! Way cute though. Once in a while I get in a painting mood too I just haven't gotten in one for a of couple years I am painted out!! Did Makensey have her baby and where is she?!
Heather, the painting looks FABULOUS!
This weekend I got so sick of looking at cream walls. When rob went to the store I broke out the paint. I just did the base board in my family room. It looks good, but, now I feel like I have to continue it throughout the whole house. I need you to call me and talk about this with me.
P.S ~Rob's put me on probation from all painting, but that wont stop me!
Heather, sorry about my comment stuff-- I actually have comment moderation on because I was getting some spam via comments and I actually think I got a virus too-- if you see a weird comment from someone you don't know with a click here--DON'T OPEN IT!
If anyone you know did open it, it is actually this really clever virus that poses as microsoft spyware-- it keeps showing popups about these viruses you have. The catch is that in order for you to get rid of them, you have to download some antivirus thing from a phony microsoft website-and pay for it, of course.
My husband and I tried lots of things to get rid of it, but only this program called spybot picked it up for what it was and got rid of it!!
Sorry about the long comment--I think I need to post this tidbit on the resident site in cases anyone else has had this problem.
Heather~ I need to take the pictures over. I don't know what happen. I cant find my BLOODY phone. I'll call you tomorrow.
Your house is soooo cute. Wish you lived closer to help me out...I move to UT and you move to WA...what is that about?
Your house is TO DIE FOR! You are so talented. What a woman! I have just recently discovered the joys of painting. It is fun in spite of the headaches that go along with it.
Your blog is about the cutest blog I've ever seen!!
I'm adding it to my favs for sure!
Post a Comment