Wednesday, April 16, 2008

911

Where do I begin with this intertaining, adorable, little spit fire, full of personality little girl! Her name is Marlee......
While I was gone to Utah my husband forgot to pay some bills {surprise, surprise}
Anyways, I picked up the phone to use it so I could pay our Mortgage bill over the phone. It wasn't working??? I was thinking to my self what the heck I know I just paid that! I tried & tried to use it but NO such luck.
All of a sudden here comes Marlee down the stairs with the phone. I said what have you been doing? She looked at me.....
2 SECONDS later
911 called
my face was blank
I answered the phone ...

911: Hi this is 911 your daughter is so cute. She was telling me all about how she fell at school in the rain & hurt her hand.. Is it an emergency????

Me: I'm so sorry I didn't even know she knew the number to 911

911: The lady was laughing it is o.k. I never had a little girl just call to tell me how she hurt her hand.

Me: I will talk to her & tell her the difference when to call & when NOT to call.

911: It's fine I was just making sure she was really o.k.!!

Me: Yes, she is fine!!!!

I got off the phone & looked at her trying not to laugh but, to be serious with her.

Marlee why did you call 911??

Marlee: cause I hurt my hand

Me: marlee you only call 911 when you are bleeding really bad, or hurt .. Marlee butts in

Marlee: mom, I was bleeding really bad & my hand really hurt!!!

Me: I told her the importance of when we really should call 911. I can only pray she will listen to me cause I don't want the police or child services at my house next time!!! LOL :)

This is her hurt hand.....


See why I love her??? :)

17 comments:

Sarah said...

I did notice her little ouchie when I was helping her wash her hands. Good thing I didn't say anything about it--she might try to call from my house! LOL.

JoAnna said...

That is hilarious! What a cutie! I love how great the 911 operator was about it. What a story. you could publish that somewhere!

melanie33 said...

I think your trouble maker and my trouble maker are a match made in heaven... or the other place! That is hilarious. I am glad that hasnt happened to me yet, but I am not far off, I am sure!

Brooke said...

That is hilarious! A few weeks ago, I let my little guy play with my phone while I changed his diaper. The key pad was locked, but the next thing I know, I hear the phone ringing. I look at the screen and sure enough, the little stinker figured out how to call 911 when the phone was locked! I don't even know how to do that!

Chels said...

That is so funny! Gotta keep an eye on that one!

Jenny said...

what a cute girl! You'll have to remember that one and tell it at her wedding dinner...

Heitmann Family said...

I know for sure that Meysa doesn't know 911. How funny!! Good thing the operator had a sense of humor!!

[BrookeO] said...

Oh gosh! This has never happened in our house..ever, I pray it never does!!!!
SO cute and I love the picture of her, smart little cookie!

Anonymous said...

Heather, does she just crack you up? I know me and your mom got a kick out of it!!
Garrett is so big. I can't believe he is only 1 month older then Payton. Next time your down we need to take pictures of them together.

Danielle said...

love 911 stories...she is funny!

Shelly said...

Andi called Alaska once, but not 911...yet!

J.ME said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J.ME said...

I remember doing that once when I was little....not a good thing. At least your 911ers were nice about the whole thing:)

briana said...

adorable! u have cute kids!

Lindsay said...

Fun stuff Heather!! Got to love them.

Camilla Millar said...

that is a great story, I see the wound was definitely 911 worthy.

Val said...

oh boy, sounds like you have your hands full. I remember doing that as a kid. Your kids are adorable, it is fun to keep up with life!