Saturday, May 31, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

I don't know why but, I'm not lovin this number 30 thing! I just feel like I hav't to be a "real" grown up now! :)


So, here are 30 things about me:


1. I am an only child

2. I only ate white bread until I got married [still prefer white]

3. I love any kind of water sports

4. I love to clean

5. I have OCD when it comes to organizing & keeping things. I must admit I'm pretty wasteful when it comes to keeping things.... I get rid of everything! [Oprah would have a hard time on this one] ;)

6. I am the biggest clutz.. I lost my balance & fell down cement stairs when my date & I were going to get in his car. I was black & blue in places you wouldn't want to see!

7. My morning is not complete with my beds not made

8. I had hepatitis when I was 5 years old... I was so sick I will never forget that

9. I LOVE to decorate & SHOP

10. I go to target atleast once a day.. most times I don't even need anything

11. My kids tell me I drive too fast

12. I have always wanted to learn how to play the harp & tennis

13. I can't sing or hold a note for the life of me

14. I am deathly affraid of spiders

15. I love to bake more than cook

16. I had my "blankie" on my wedding night...then we had a buriel ceremony for it

17. I never walked to school I always made my mom drive me & we lived only 2 blocks away

18. I love lipstick & lipgloss

19. On my senior trip I didn't wear sunglasses while laying out & my eyes were swollen shut for 1 day straight. won't try that one again :)

20. I don't like mayo

21. I'm affraid of heights

22. My new found love is working out in my yard

23. My favorite color is Pink & Red

24. My sweet husband came all the way from Ephraim Ut, to Kaysville Ut when I slammed my finger shut in my car door & had to go to the ER to get stiches.. Then he got back into his car & drove another 2 hours to get back to school

25. The telephone should have been attached to my umbilical cord

26. I gave Nate cold medicine [he had sprep throat] & I didn't realize that it was the "DROWSY" kind. We had just seen each other for the weekend & he was heading back down to Snow College in Ephraim Ut. To make a long story short he fell asleep at the wheel & went off the side of the road down the canyon. I don't know how he made it out of his car alive but, we know the angels were with him b/c he made it out of his car with NO scratches. Needless to say he doesn't trust me giving him any kind of medicine!!

27. I have a bad habbit of interrupting.. [sorry if I have done it to any of you] :)

28. The water CAN'T be warm when brushing my teeth or I dry heave

29. I hate math.. I pray my kids get Nate's brain for this subject cause I don't understand how "A & B" turn into a number

30. I'm glad I'm not turning 50 cause I don't know if I could come up with any more!! :)



~Nate & the kids got me the Willow Tree Nativity for Mother's day, & My Birthday . I can't wait to put it out this Christmas... I have always wanted one!!


~This is what I'm hoping for
~& I am loving these


Thanks for making my day special
I love you guys!

P.S. I even got my favorite breakfast today.. waffles & whip cream!! YUMM

17 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday. I've been thinking about you--hope you're having a good day. How about a couple extra kids for your present? LOL.

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday Heather! Hmmmm I wonder where you got the OCD organizing gene from? Can you come to my house? Hope you have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! I know it’s the big 3-0. But don’t worry, 30 is the new 20 – seriously. Anyway, I hope you have an awesome day! We are thinking of you!



Love,

Mackenzie

melanie33 said...

Happy birthday!! I was thinking about you several times today, but never near a phone. But I hope you are out and partying anyway!
you are soooo old 30! Ha. I am soooo far away from that.
ok... so i am laughing very hard after reading your list and remembering you falling on that date. SO funny! That was a good one.
love ya!

Carolyn said...

Heather, you are so cute! Happy Birthday Girlie!

Becky said...

Awww, that was so fun to read! My jaw dropped when I read #26!!! Poor Nate, you tried to kill him! I'm glad you didn't succeed. Happy birthday to both of you!

nersey said...

Great list Heather, I learned so much about you. Your picture was cute too.

shauni said...

Happy Birthday! I love the flowers and the cake looks so yummy. It was fun to hear those 30 fun facts about you. Hope you have a great day.

JoAnna said...

You are SO awesome!! I LOVED reading these things about you!!

Elise said...

Get out of town! That is the freaking cutest picture of you EvEr. You are a gorgeous 30 year old. I am right behind ya! You know I am so jealous of your Willow Tree present, but it will fit perfectly into your adorably styled house!

Loves to you,
E

p.s. and many more....

Danielle said...

happy bday...I totally remember the bruises from that date...you looked like you had been beat up...funny!

Camilla Millar said...

Happy B-day, Heather! Thanks for letting me get to know you. That was a great list--I also HATE hot water when brushing my teeth.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Your post was so cute I found out some things I didn't know about you.
How are things? I haven't talked to you forever. Will you be in Utah for the 4th of July?

Marcie said...

Happy birthday! That is so cool how your so birthdays are so close with your anniversary. I say just get one big gift every year and call it good!

briana said...

happy day to you heather! it is a little spooky reading your 30 things! many of those could be on my list. brady got me the nativity and last year was the first time i got to set it out! looking at it makes me want everyday to be christmas! did you get an angel for the pedestal?

Melissa said...

Hey, we have a lot in common! My husband and I just turned 30 too. Of course, I had to jump in line too though. Cute posting.

Melissa said...

Yes, please feel free to add me. We'll be in Rochester June 23rd. See you then!