Sunday, June 01, 2008

Happy Happy 30th to you


Well, you probably can tell that we have had a busy 3 days at our house.. Starting with our anniversary, then my birthday, & now today Nate's birthday! Nate always teases me saying I wasn't patient enough to wait in heaven any more & I jumped in line before him! We are not even 24 hours apart how crazy is that!! Nate always gets a little frustrated because he says that we celebrate our anniversary first, then always have such a fun day & go, go , go on my birthday & his birthday gets shoved to the side! I hope he doesn't feel like that today because I have tried real hard to make his 30th birthday special for him!!
I love this picture of Nate holding Garrett because he definitely is his twin. We don't go any where without some commenting on how these two look so much alike! I thought it would be fun to do this "tag" on his birthday, how perfect is that! O.K. here it goes.....

What is his name? Nathaniel Robert Miller.

How long have you been together? 8 years we have been married but, we have know each other since the summer of our junior year in high school.

How long did you date? About a year before his mission, waited for him 2 years while he was on his mission, then another year while he finished his Associate's Degree at Snow College. So that makes it..... 4 years if you include his mission.

How old his he? 30 today

Who eats more? I probably say he does but, I can eat way more candy & sweets than he can!

Who said I love you first? He did but, we have bets on this one because I think I did.. in my mind he was taking way too long!

Who is taller? He is for sure.

Who can sing better? Nate has an awesome voice. I love to hear him sing. Unlike me I can't hold a note to save my life. Trust me I think it would be great if I could!

Who is smarter? Definitely Nate, he is so book smart. I think sometimes I have a little more common sence than he does though! :)

Who does the laundry? We both do. He is such a great help if I'm having a bad day & he sees the laundry piling up he is really good about pitching in & helping with it.

Who pays the bills? I do! Are you kidding if I left it for him to do, we would have NO water, electicity, or the phone...... :) He does the budget though :(

Who sleeps in the right side? He does. I really think I should because he doesn't even wake up if the fire alarm goes off... we also have 3 alarms he wakes up to each morning because he doesn't hear them. So, I guess what I am trying to say is that if we were in danger maybe I should trade him sides because I'm the one who would hear anything!! :)

Who mows the lawn? He for sure does. This is embrassing to say but, I have never touched a lawn mower ever. He needs to teach me cause half the time he isn't home to do it!

Who cooks dinner? We both do! He actually makes the best stir fry.

Who drives? He does. But, if you have ever drived with him before you think to yourself "are we going to make it there in one piece." He is the craziest driver ever. You can't even relax when you go any where with him cause you hold on for dear life! Thank heavens that are best friend got us great auto ins. ..... I won't even tell you how many tickets he has had!!!!

Who is more stubborn? Me for sure

Who kissed who first? He kissed me first but, I was being so stubborn about it. I was playing real hard to get. I think he was running out of patience with me!! ;)

Who asked who out first? I honestly can't remember. We met at Lagoon-A-Beach in Farmington Ut. I think we were with a group of friends & just started hanging out. I probably asked him out, he was pretty shy!

Who proposed? He did. I had no idea.. I loved it because it was christmas eve & that was the best christmas present a girl could get!!! I don't think I remember what I got that year cause I just stared at my ring all day! :)

Who has more friends? Me

Who is more sensitive? I would say I am. He is sensitive in other ways.. his mom always said, he was such a tender heart when he was little but, I still think he has one!

Who has more siblings? He does. He is the oldest of 5. But, also has 2 step-brothers & 2 step-sisters. He also has a 1/2 brother. I am a only child. But, also I have 1 step-sister & 2 step brothers. I also have a 1/2 brother. Is that so complicated or what!! :)

Who wears the pants? I do.


Happy 30th Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day. Thanks for all of your hard work!

8 comments:

Becky said...

I don't want Nate to feel like he's being shoved to the side, so I'll say "Happy Birthday" on his post, too!

nersey said...

Happy birthday Nate, I should teach Matt to do the laundry like his big brother! Very impressive. I hope you have a great day.

melanie33 said...

happy birthday nate... we have been thinking about you today. wish you were closer so we could party!!

[BrookeO] said...

H. I don't visit often enough. Sorry about your little baby, glad things seem to be on the up and up now. Happy A, anniversary that is. Happy 30th, man you are old! Happy bday to the hubster too!
I want you to know how much I appreciate your kind words on my blog, it truly makes me happy. You are on my list of people to meet, I just love ya!

xo

Camilla Millar said...

Great comments. . . you were definitely a great catch for Nate-- even if you were playing hard to get!

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Birhtday!!!

Becky T said...

Heather, thank you so much for your comment on my blog! You are too sweet, it totally made my day. And it does look like you have had a busy week at your house and I had to laugh because tomorrow starts our 'big week' at our house since we do my hubby's b-day, our anniversary, and father's day all in one week. It's crazy! And no too easy on the bank account either! :) What a beautiful family you have--of course I am a bit impartial to the name 'Garrett.' :) Thanks again for your comment. Have a great day!

Camilla Millar said...

Okay, comment #2: I totally want get together with you, call or email when you're in town (but, I won't be offended if you don't, cause I know time with family is precious): camillamillar@gmail.com

Also, I just showed D your blog and he was like: Oh, that's Nate. He said that Nate was his 4th year when he did his gyn/onc rotation as a 3rd year. He said he was great help to him and he totally respects him!