Thursday, May 22, 2008

I know where I am going...


I took the kids to Apple Bee's for dinner tonight.. Nate is working nights all week & tonight was one of those nights I was SICK of cooking! Know the feeling right?? :)
We were all talking about random things & Cayden looked at me so serious... I know that face above is going to soon mature & mature over the years because his face was so pure & innocent when he looked up at me & said, mom I know where I am going on my mission. I said, you do! Yea mom I am going to Africa. I'm so excited because I will get to go see all the Kangaroos, Zebras, Elephants, Lions, & even Snakes. I looked at him at said, how do you know that is where you will go?
Mom, I just have this feeling & I know I'm suppose to go on an African Safari! I said, Cayden it's a little more than an African Safari.. you will be knocking on doors, & teaching the gospel.
How exciting he said. How old do I need to be again?? 19 sweetie.. Oh, I guess I have a while huh.


I can't wait to look back on this someday & see if his feeling is right!!

10 comments:

Monica said...

Oooooooh, how cute is that...melt your heart!! He sounds like a sweet little guy...just like his dad!!

melanie33 said...

It seems like we have all the time in the world before that phase sets in, but we are going to blink and be there! And I wouldn't be surprised if his little premonition was right! Kids are so much more sensitive to the spirit than we are. So sweet!
I am liking your dinner conversations better than mine btw... last night at dinner, Hailey asked me if I were to sit on her bike would I break it? That felt nice.

Heather said...

Mel, What would I do without you.. You keep me laughing so hard! I'm sure that hurt!! ;) kids are too HONEST! Don't listen to her though!!

Camilla Millar said...

Kids say the darndest things!

PS. I really like the new pictures you've put up! I also like your bangs, and YOU DO NOT HAVE UNDESIRABLE POUNDS!

briana said...

cute new pics heather! baylor has always told me he will serve in china. scary! i love reading your blog. i am all for going out instead of cooking these days! =)

briana said...

oh and fantastic photo! i love it!

Lindsay said...

He is a cute little kid! I'm always amazed at what my kids say. Sometimes I wonder how they know the things they do already!

Tommy, Brittney and Ryder Patane said...

That is the cutest thing ever! He is just such a tender hearted kid! You just have the best kids! I love em!

Lynell said...

Cute blog. I just hopped over from Brittneys. My sister had the same feeling about going to Africa. I thought you might like to read her story and your son might like the pics.

http://mcgibbon-family.blogspot.com/

You never know! Ü

Becky said...

Does your Applebee's have 99 cent kids meals on Wednesdays? Ours do, at least last time we checked! I love Applebee's. One time we were supposed to meet Jeromy there but he didn't make it, so the kids and I ate there alone and brought dinner home for him. But that doesn't happen very often, so I can't complain!

I hope his African Safari dream comes true!