Update on Garrett.. So he DID NOT have to get an CT scan or MRI. I was grateful for that. He went to the ophthalmologist & he has a dermoid cyst which needs to come out.
2 times a year they have the pediatric ophthalmologist & pediatric plastic surgeon working together during surgeries all day long. The doctor said we can wait to get it out there is no real rush but, when he starts crawling more & when he starts to walk he could very well bump it & rupture it. That is what concerns them the most. So, right now we are making our decision but, leaning towards getting the surgery done May 28th @ 7:30 in the morning. He will be the first case of the day. Nate is talking to his friend who happens to be a fantastic anesthesiologist who Nate is asking if he will be willing to help out in surgery.. We feel he will be in good hands! We will all be praying for him!
2 times a year they have the pediatric ophthalmologist & pediatric plastic surgeon working together during surgeries all day long. The doctor said we can wait to get it out there is no real rush but, when he starts crawling more & when he starts to walk he could very well bump it & rupture it. That is what concerns them the most. So, right now we are making our decision but, leaning towards getting the surgery done May 28th @ 7:30 in the morning. He will be the first case of the day. Nate is talking to his friend who happens to be a fantastic anesthesiologist who Nate is asking if he will be willing to help out in surgery.. We feel he will be in good hands! We will all be praying for him!
A picture is worth a thousand words, hope you enjoy these pictures as much as we enjoyed the truly most excellent adventure of 11 Days and 10 Nights of some of the best experiences in our family to date.
The Inaugural Meridith Family Reunion
LOVE YA GRAN!!
Friday when we arrived in Utah nate & my mom kept this HUGE secret from me so it would be a fun surprise . It is the first time that my mom's brothers & sisters have seen each other in 18 years. It was so fun to see ALL my cousins & family. There is nothing more important than FAMILY. I love each of them so much!! My mom put SO much work into this wonderful dinner at my cousins club house across the street from them. She amazes us so much. She made each & everyone their own "goody bag" to take home. Not to mention she did one for all the kids that were there!!! Thank-you for making this happen! My Grandma has pancreatic cancer & it was her birthday wish to come & see everyone especially my mom. What a sweet reunion it was because it was the first time that my grandma & mom have seen each other since she found out she has cancer. I love all my Aunts & Uncles they truly are such a blessing in my life! What an awesome family I have!



11 comments:
I am glad that Garrett didn't have to do the MRI and CT scan, those tests make grown men cry. He is such a cute little tyke I am positive he will be o.k.
It was great seeing the Washinton Millers, come back soon!
Heather~I love all your post! Im glad Garrett didn't have to have the CT scan. How do you collage your pictures? Call me.
XOXO
Nat
Glad you guys had a great time in Hawaii-- how fun! Our prayers will be with you guys and sweet little Garrett. Good luck and it was so much fun to see you guys!!!
Glad your li'l guy didn't have to do the scan, but I'm sorry he's got to go through surgery. It'll probably end up being harder on you than him when it comes down to it though, right? I'm sure he'll be in good hands. By the way - your Hawaii trip sounded awesome...I'm soooo jealous!
i am so relieved for you to hear about Garrett! Love all your pics too of hawaii. thanks for all of your comments always! your so sweet! =)
I'm glad to hear about Garrett. It looks like you guys have had an exciting month. Hawaii looks like it was awesome! It is also always nice to be able to visit family. I need to call you! It's been too long since we have talked.
the wedding looked so pretty. That cake is amazing. Love it. Have you decided yet on what to do with garrett? I am not even going to comment on your vacation to hawaii seeing as how thinking about it makes me seethe with jealousy... But i am glad that it looks like you had an amazing trip!
busy times for you and your family. I am glad everything looks like it will be all right with the babe. Looks like you had a great time on your vacations...fun times!
Heather! I am so glad you found me!! I didn't even realize that was you on Lindsey's blog!! It was great to see what you guys are up to...your kidos are darling!! It will be so fun to keep in touch now...i will link you on my blog as well!! How great were those good old Lagoon-a-beach days!?
Say hi to Nate...how is he?! Hope he is not workin' too hard Mr. Doctor man!!
Stay in touch Heather....i miss you crazy girl!!
Looks like a lot of fun.
wow you have been a bust girl. i'm glad your baby is okay. it's probably so nice to have a hubby with connections when these type of things happen!
Post a Comment