Saturday, August 09, 2008

Photography 101 {AKA Northwest Adventure Trek}


Despite Nate being "post-call" we all decided that it was about time we enjoyed some of the Pacific Northwest. What a better place than Northwest Trek. Only one slight problem, we brought Nate's camera...The first picture above turned out okay. For the next few pictures, here's a sampling of my finest work from the day {copyright pending and all rights reserved}.?Moose?
This is the antler's of a beautiful bull elk.

that's a bison
another moose
yeah, i'm not sure...
peek a boo


So at the half way point in the day, Nate looked over the pictures I took. We reviewed a few things about his camera {things that make it the dumbest camera ever!} but nonetheless, I think I got the hang of it and between him and me we got some pretty awesome shots of the wildlife and a few keepers of the kids! Hope you enjoy. What a great day it was. Oh and by the way if you couldn't tell from the pictures, yes it did rain most of the time we were there--gotta love August in Washington!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

That looks fun--when did you go? Linc was just there (Friday) for a preschool field trip.
P.S. Doesn't Nate look in enough body cavities all day? You have to go and take pics of the poor animals too?!? =) HA HA!

melanie33 said...

love those shots you took heather... lol. that looks like a beautiful place. Jonas is looking at the pics with me and is foaming at the mouth with crazy desire to visit that park. We will HAVE to come visit you in Washington sometime after graduation. Everything in my life is after graduation. Kind of sad.

Heitmann Family said...

we went last year to NWT and the kids loved it. By the way you are well on your way to becoming a world renowned photographer
(hee hee)

Elise said...

LOL. Love the commentary Heath. I'm so glad you guys go to have a fun outing with Nate. It also looks like UT was a blast and a half : ) 28 days... now THAT's a trip!

Lisa said...

Looks like a fun adventure. My kids would love that. next time you are in Utah I would love to get together with all of you. By the way the pictures turned out great!!

Marcie said...

Wow that looks like an awesome park. I think you did get afew good shots. I bet your kids loved it. I'll have to remember it if i'm ever in Washington.

Monica said...

Looks like SO much fun! It looks SO beautiful there!! We would love to do something like that as a family...your kids looked like they had a blast! Good family memories!!

nersey said...

That was super funny! I am glad you guys had such a fun day with the wildlife. That big cat sure did look mighty close and very angry I am glad you made it out!

Shelly said...

Oh, Heather, those first photos are hilarious! Love the moose bum especially!