o.n.e. of 14 things i {love} is homemade oreos
this recipe is the best.
2 boxes devil's food cake mix
4 eggs
1 1/2 C shortening
1 t. vanilla
Preheat oven to 350. in large bowl combine cake mixes, eggs, shortening, & vanilla; mix by hand {dough will be very stiff.} form dough into balls about the size of marbles. place 1 1/2" apart. bake for 9 minutes on a greased sheet. let cool for 2 minutes. then remove from pans.
cream filling
1{8oz} pkg cream cheese
1/4 C. butter
1lb. powdered sugar
1 t. vanilla
combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, & vanilla together; cream until smooth. match two same-size cookies; place a generous amount of icing in center of one, & top with the other, pressing together gently. makes about 40 sandwich cookies.
oh & i {love} taste testers
xox
6 comments:
I am totally copying that recipe and making those for V-day! Those look delicious and I am sure kiddos have a blast helping make them! Thanks for the fun idea!!
those DO look like something to love. yum!
So yummy! I have been wanting that recipe for awhile. Thanks!
One of my favorite recipes too!!
I just finished making a batch and, boy, are they yummy! My son is following me around the house saying, "tootie," "tootie," "tootie." Definitely a keeper at my house.
Oh those were definitely yummy. Thanks for bringing them to playgroup...wished I had taken another for later before they were all gone!
Post a Comment