It's officially summer around here.
I know this for many reasons.
well, summer really does NOT officially start here til JULY 4th in washington. it has been in the sixties all week long.... other than that:
1. our front porch is littered with bikes and sidewalk chalk and jump ropes.
2. they are already bored
3. haircuts for the boys are very much needed
4. the library sounds good all day long. sad thing is my kids don't know how to be quiet there so we usually get kicked out within 20 min. of being there.
5. we have begun to take advantage of 7-11 slurpies since we don't have happy hour here. oh how i miss sonic.
6. we gather around the TV to watch so you think you can dance.
7. summer camps and memberships have been purchased. well i need to purchase the one to the pool.
8. dinner is being served later and almost 100% of our meals have something grilled. (this is just my way of having husband participation)
9. the sibling arguments have been kicked up a notch thanks to them seeing each other 24 hours a day.
10. otter pop wrappers are everywhere. on the kitchen counter, in the bathroom, pretty much everywhere but in the garbage can.
All this evidence adds up to summer. Ready or not, here it is. What's your summer evidence?
3 comments:
I love it! Sounds like summer to me.:) All we need is the darn sun, hurry up sun!!!
My kids went BACK to school today! Yep, first day of school, July 6th. They had about 5 1/2 weeks off, and we did have a good summer break! I actually really love their year-round school schedule, but I'll never understand why they start in early July. When I taught, we started at the end of August--the same day as the 9-month schools!
i'm so gonna do this post! i just can't believe summer is half over already!
Post a Comment