Saturday, December 04, 2010

October in New York in December

Life as a Maternal Fetal Medicine Fellow is a lot like being an Ob/Gyn Resident only way more fun.  Oh and you get to travel COOL places too.  We thought we'd share a random collection of awesome places we experienced on our trip to New York in October.
This is the view out our window at our hotel by the La Guardia Airport.
The next day the conference Nate was attending started, meaning that someone else was paying for the room ;)
It had a slightly better view.  Nate spent lots of time learning about his career choices, research opportunities, and even learned how to make shrimp scampi!  After 3 days of literally nothing but rest and relaxation for me{Heather} (I did manage to find the only mall within the 25 mile radius of the conference) we changed locale again (thanks hotels.com for "luxury-on-a-budget" time square hotels!)  This was what we saw from our window and within walking distance (or subway sometimes) for the next 4 days.  Thanks to our private trip planner, Makenzie!

Now for this next picture, it can neither be confirmed or denied that at least one of the two of us was giddily screaming "i love you Taylor" right along with the hundreds of other teenage girls out on the plaza when this picture was taken.
What a truly neat place to visit.  We loved every second of the trip!

Serendipity was YUMMY, though the frozen hot chocalate was tasty, Nate was is in TOTAL HOT DOG HEAVEN with this baby!

The statue of liberty was totaly cool!  We thought it was way worth the ferry ride, the rain, and that random european dude i was too lazy to crop out the photo!
Our planned "stroll" through Central Park was cut short by some tired 24 wk pregnant feet (guess we shouldn't have gone to the statue of liberty and then shopping and then to the park for a stroll).  We did manage to get a couple of shots for the kids.  Cayden's newest passion in board games is checkers and chess.  The other two monkey's would have loved the zoo!
We can't wait to visit again!

12 comments:

Heitmann Family said...

so glad you guys had a great time!! I'm kinda jealous for the time away!!

melanie33 said...

i would love love love to go. someday!

Coleman Family said...

Awesome!!!! Take us with you next time! ;)

Allison J. said...

Looks like so much fun! I want to go!!!

RR said...

I loved LOVED living in New York!

RR said...

Does it still take 45 minutes to get to the Statue of Liberty..45 minute wait until the next ferry and 45 back??

RR said...

Did you see a broadway play?

Heather said...

Rach, we went to the Phantom of the Opera... loved it so much.

The Millers said...

JEALOUS!!!! Let's plan our girls trip...PLEASE!?!

Becky said...

Fun! I would love to go there someday. In theory. In reality, I'm too anxious to ever leave my kids!

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

YOU SAW THE PHANTOM!!!!!!! Sooo jealous right now, Dave and I saw it but it's been way too long- isn't it Amazing!!! You guys looked like you had such a relaxing fun trip together- the cocoa looks soo good- Dave would love that Hot dog- I have never visited New York, but I would LOVE too!!!! How fun- you two totally deserve to have a blast!!!!

RR said...

heath..
those candies were to die for!!!