[projects] is the start of this post.
i had a lot of brainstorming going on in my head as soon as i knew my
step.dad was coming to town for Audra's BiG dAy.
he is such a handy man. I guess you are when you build houses for
a living.
so, i got him started on this project for me. i need more shelving in my house. i have no room for all the scrap booking my mom does for me & my kiddos. this is her [hobby] & i can't complain one bit. i guess i am a little spoiled that way cause i have not touched one of my kids' pictures since they were born. i have a bookshelf downstairs full of them.. in my room ... & now this lovely thing in my playroom. thank.you mom... you know i treasure every one.
[while] my step.dad was working on my shelf I was at costco
blowing up pictures for this old window frame that goes over Audra's
crib.
my mom surprised Marlee with this beautiful quilt
that matches Audra's. she was in love. my mom is one talented lady.
[projects completed]
~ shelf built... check
~ pictures in frame... check
~ toilet fixed.... check
~ disposal fixed.... check
~ fixed tile in kitchen.... check
~ door in kitchen fixed.... check
now getting ready for Audra's BiG dAy... check.
2/6/11
blessing day.
a few things about this day didn't go as I had planned it, but I'll only point out a few :)
We spent quality time with grandma jo. We had such an awesome time, the weather was beautiful and the kiddos could not get enough of grandma and their {3} grandpa's. yes, i said three. [no, grandma jo is not married to all 3, just one of them.. ;)]
the 3 girls.
.mom
.audra
.marlee
[it took marlee a lot of begging to even get her to smile]
These are the worst/best family'ish pics we got ::
boys wouldn't stay in church clothes.
garrett thinks he is funny.
& i look half a sleep in most of them.
garrett thinks he is funny.
& i look half a sleep in most of them.
take 1.
take 2.
take 3.
take 4.
Despite all the headache it gave me, like
getting family pictures
and how sad I was my mom wasn't here,
it turned out nice.
I'm so glad Jolene, Burton,
my Dad, & Rand could be here.
I love this picture.
{all the grandpas}
A few of our friends joined us as well and then stayed after for a luncheon.
The blessing was so special.
since my mom was not able to be there...
she sent a special gift. cookies. lots of them. all different kinds. even
with her name on them. & fudge.
her cake was beautiful.
& this little boy+my dad
melted my heart watching them love her


6 comments:
so sweet. i totally wish i would have been there. but i wish your sweet mom could have been there more.
luv ya
She is so cute! Looks like you had a great day. I love the way you party! I miss you, hope to see ya soon.
It was a pretty great day!!
Wonderful pictures! What a cute family!!:) We enjoyed her blessing, I love how Garrett wanted to follow you to the stand. Cutie!
Heather! I love the shelf...isn't it great having a handyman in the family. Seriously!! I wish we could have been there for the blessing. I'm sure it was such a special day for all of you. Know that we love you all and are missing you lots. Give the kids a hug for us!!
What a wonderful day!
Thanks for the heads up??
Post a Comment