Wednesday, August 06, 2008

a little SCaaaRED

A few facts that i'm a little scared about for my kids to start back to school..
Lets start off with Marlee.
Marlee is 5 she will start kindergarten this year. It is hard for me to swallow that. Where has my little girl gone... little girl i might say. See the picture below, she is staring out the window because she has a crush on this boy named Kyle that lives across the street.{who is 8 or 9 years old}. The last couple of days that is all she talks about is Kyle this Kyle that. She pulls her blinds open & wants to see what he is up to.
I'm just a little worried if she has a crush on him now what will she be up to in Kindergarten without me watching her... I can't remember having a crush on anyone in Kindergarten but, it also has been a long time since then. I pray this "crush" thing slows way down.. or I'm in big trouble! :)
Second thing i'm also concerned about with her is....
She still needs me to wipe her after she goes {#2}. I have showed her many times the correct way to do it & she refuses to do it & wants my help still. I have told her recently that her Kindergarten teacher will not go in the bathroom & help her & she needs to be a big girl & do it herself. I have explained that Preschool teachers & Kindergarten teachers are different & I know her Preschool teacher was so nice & helped her but, I'ts time to be a big girl & do it yourself.. No such luck yet. She is so stubborn sometimes. I guess the first time she needs to go at school she will get the hint.... i hope. :)
Poor Cayden ~

Cayden wanted me to blog this because he wants to know how your kids got there first loose tooth? Cayden is so sad cause he is starting first grade & has NOT lost one tooth nor is any loose. He thinks by biting down on an apple, a hard piece of candy, eating a jaw breaker, or getting dental floss & tying it to the door will solve his problem... it might but, I really think none of his teeth are really going to come out. He has my mouth & trust me when they do start to come out I will need to start saving my pennies for his braces & jaw surgery!
My point is... Cayden is a little worried to start school cause he has not lost 1 tooth & he is starting the "big deal" school now.. 1st grade! Lets hope these teeth start getting loose so he won't be too sad! :)

Oh, the joys of motherhood sometimes...... :)

{Any thoughts would be greatly appriciated}


9 comments:

melanie33 said...

Let's face it Heather... your worries with Marlee are just beginnng. The rode to adulthood with Marlee will be long and hard. But also filled with a lot of laughs. Don't worry, I have one of those kids too. (you know I do).
And as for Cayden, well you can tell him that Jonas didn't loose any teeth until first grade either, then they just all started falling out! And they make a big deal about loosing your teeth in first grade too, just like kindergarten.

Sarah said...

The wildest child in Aubrey's class last year (and I do mean WILD) had a mad crush on her. One day he CRIED as we were leaving the park. I asked A why he was crying, if he was hurt or something. She just said, "No mommy, he loves me and is sad that I'm leaving." WHAT?!? So I guess be grateful that Marlee is in love, and not the other way around.

briana said...

i am so loving that you are back and blogging. with that being said...Marlee is adorable and so is Cayden! i love the picture of Marlee staring out the window. too cute! and tell Cayden to enjoy those straight white baby teeth. CORN teeth to come! LOL!

Lisa said...

Cayden,
My C.J.'s best friend did not lose his first tooth until he was in 2nd grade. So it is okay. Also Abby starts first grade too and she hasn't lost any teeth either. Hope this helps.

Heather,
Kaylee has had a "boyfriend" for the last year. I keep telling her she is too young but she says she is going to marry Alex. If you could only see her face when she talks about him. She lights right up. It is scary. so Good Luck!!!

Becky said...

It's a girl thing, my girls are so crazy about boys and them chasing them at recess! Well Madison is not into boys as much as Makena, BOYS watch out for Madison when she gets older cause she will probably break your heart!:) It has slowed down now that Makena is older, and that we don't live next to Michael that liked to kiss her! Keep your eye on this one.

As for Cayden, it's normal. My kids are always wonderin when there teeth will fall out. As for me I make a wish everyday that none of my teeth fall out!:) Makena didn't loose her first tooth till midway through 1st grade. Once the first one falls out you can't stop them!

Monica said...

I can't believe you will have two in school Heather! I am not even close to the school age, but I know it will come fast and that scares me to death!

On your other post about being in Utah! I had a feeling you were here, but didn't know for sure. I could of helped with your pics you took of your kids...it's always easier with two cameras. Let me know next time your here!! Looks like you had a jam packed fun time!!

Camilla Millar said...

My dentist said that about 40% of kids lose their teeth in Kindergarten and another 40-50% in first. . . .so I don't think he's behind.

Becky said...

James is starting preschool in a couple weeks and I'm worried about the wiping thing, too! But it's only 2 1/2 hours twice a week, so I'm just hoping he won't have to go during that window!

Tell Cayden that once he does have a loose tooth, apples do help to hurry them along! Julia sort of forced a tooth out that way that might not have been ready for a couple more days!

mandy said...

No worries, James still needs help wiping, too. His preschool teacher told him he could do it all by himself, so he would do it at school, but still not at home. Augh! And Christian didn't lose his first tooth until he was almost 8, but he has really good, strong teeth!

So fun to catch up with you and your month-long trip to Utah! Crazy! I"m headed there again next month for my marathon, but we should really try to fit in a playdate before then! Seriously!